Windows 10: I can't access any adminstrator settings or access safe mode at the least anymore. help :(

Discus and support I can't access any adminstrator settings or access safe mode at the least anymore. help :( in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'll start from the beginning because I feel defeated on all counts and attempts to fix my issue. I was trying to launch origin so I could try and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gaderic, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Gaderic Win User

I can't access any adminstrator settings or access safe mode at the least anymore. help :(

I'll start from the beginning because I feel defeated on all counts and attempts to fix my issue.

I was trying to launch origin so I could try and play a game but origin wouldn't start nor show any activity in task manager. I tried to open up event viewer to see if there are any useful error logs. This is where the downward slope begins... to my surprise I had a message "This app has been blocked for your protection". I don't see why considering it's a windows administrator tool. None the less, I couldn't access any administrator tools like the mmc or services.msc unless I started a cmd prompt as administrator and then did executed it from there. However, this was the only way I could start anything as an administrator. A little googling seemed to conclude this had something to do with smart screen but that ended in nowhere.

I decided to check my user permissions and sure enough my main user is an administrator. I experimented by removing my user from the administrator group which made it so I could open up stuff like mmc but nothing showed up since I was no longer one. At this point I couldn't open anything as an adminstrator anymore; even cmd itself. So now I just want to change my user back to an admin so I figure why not boot into safe mode and try recovering some things. I tried a restore point that was 2 days old but...now it won't boot into windows. It just says "trying automatic repair" over and over when It ry to boot and then says windows couldn't start correctly so either restart or try some of the other recovery options. I can't even access safe mode now at the least. All I can effectively do is access the recovery command prompt which I am currently using to copy my files over to a 3tb HDD before I try a windows reset (if that will even work).

I don't have a windows recovery usb which would probably work wonders right about now so I'm asking you folks if there is anything else you could recommend I should try before I copy over 1.3 TB worth of data and reset. Thank you for reading my plight.

:)

Gaderic, Mar 12, 2019

2. Radeon Settings too accessible for inexperienced overclockers?

Thank you for the reply I want to try this out. Here comes another question... I am aware that F8/Shift +F8 on load-up does not bring up the safe mode option on windows 10, as I can't see my login screen how would you suggest I get into safe mode? Would I need to create a recovery on a USB? Or could I access troubleshooting through using the 390x, select safe mode on next boot. Replace Graphics card with 270x then go from there? Or could you suggest another way?

Thanks

Alex Brown, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode

Hi,

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you accessing the startup menu via Windows Settings or by inserting the Media Creation Tool?
    • Have you tried selecting other options in the Startup Menu?

For now, I suggest that you try logging into Safe Mode from the option given below and check.

• Tab on Windows button +R to open Run Command.
    • A dialog box will open type msconfig
    • Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal
      as option.
    • Restart Computer

To return to normal mode, follow the above steps and uncheck Safe, reboot the computer.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 12, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

I can't access any adminstrator settings or access safe mode at the least anymore. help :(

Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      I can't access any adminstrator settings or access safe mode at the least anymore. help :( [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't access any adminstrator settings or access safe mode at the least anymore. help :( - Similar Threads - can't access adminstrator

2. Can't access files in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access files in safe mode: My laptop had blue screen errors and then kept restarting. Im now running it in safe mode and want to move my Word files to my USB. After copy pasting only 3 word files, it is now giving an error. "Error 0x80070780: File can not be accessed by the system" What should i do?...
  3. Can't access files in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access files in safe mode: My laptop had blue screen errors and then kept restarting. Im now running it in safe mode and want to move my Word files to my USB. After copy pasting only 3 word files, it is now giving an error. "Error 0x80070780: File can not be accessed by the system" What should i do?...
  4. Can't access account.microsoft.com anymore, help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access account.microsoft.com anymore, help.: Basically, i have many profiles in my browser Microsoft Edge, including my brother's two accounts, a while ago he changed his phone number, in his accounts there was the old phone number. The other day he needed to verify that it was him with a SMS on his old phone number, i...
  5. Why I can't access safe-mode anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't access safe-mode anymore?: Windows 10.It keeps looping saying " computer repair." Once I click on safe-mode number e.g. safe mode with network, it keeps going back to computer repair screen as if nothing changed.How to fix it? I cant access to Windows either....
  6. Why I can't access safe-mode anymore?

Why I can't access safe-mode anymore?: Windows 10.It keeps looping saying " computer repair." Once I click on safe-mode number e.g. safe mode with network, it keeps going back to computer repair screen as if nothing changed.How to fix it? I cant access to Windows either....
  7. Why I can't access safe-mode anymore?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. HELP! I cant access safe mode!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I cant access safe mode!: How can I access safe mode on my Dell laptop?My computer keeps looping. It wont get to the desktop. I can get to the repair options, but when clicking on safe mode, it gives me an error!...
  9. HELP! I cant access safe mode!

HELP! I cant access safe mode!: How can I access safe mode on my Dell laptop?My computer keeps looping. It wont get to the desktop. I can get to the repair options, but when clicking on safe mode, it gives me an error!...
  10. HELP! I cant access safe mode!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade