Windows 10: I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...

Discus and support I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; idk the problem is but, can someone help me? I insert random text for requirement for upload this thread.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iMagicK, Nov 24, 2022.

1. iMagicK Win User

I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...

idk the problem is but, can someone help me? I insert random text for requirement for upload this thread. ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ .................................................................. .................................................................. ..................................................................

:)

iMagicK, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Callender Win User

Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

RE: Firefox. I use this:

SpeedyFox - Boost Firefox, Skype, Chrome, Thunderbird in a Single Click!

Or this:

I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is... [​IMG]

Although as suggested there could be other factors if it happens with all internet connected apps.

You can aslo try Firefox safe mode:

I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is... [​IMG]

Callender, Nov 24, 2022
  3. jcaswell Win User
    W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Nov 24, 2022
  4. I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...

Windows detects internet access but other apps like browsers can't use it

My windows detects a internet connection but other apps like Google chrome,Opera mini,Battle.net ,Steam(The games detect it but the embedded browser can't). Tried commands like netsh winsock reset but did not help.Only the Microsoft edge browser detects
    the internet and is usable.PLEASE HELP

Indrayudh Banerjee, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...

1. I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is... - Similar Threads - can't access internet

2. programs except for browsers cant seem to able to access internet , programs like steam,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs except for browsers cant seem to able to access internet , programs like steam,...: this same type of question has been once in 2020 for windows 10, it wasnt completely solved it has been happening to me too, i've tried all the solutions listed over there and nothing seems to work. please someone with an actual solution help me.programs like steam, ubisoft...
  3. programs except for browsers cant seem to able to access internet , programs like steam,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs except for browsers cant seem to able to access internet , programs like steam,...: this same type of question has been once in 2020 for windows 10, it wasnt completely solved it has been happening to me too, i've tried all the solutions listed over there and nothing seems to work. please someone with an actual solution help me.programs like steam, ubisoft...
  4. Cant download apps like steam,microsoft extensions and etc, because it says I need internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant download apps like steam,microsoft extensions and etc, because it says I need internet...: Tried all CMD commands possible Tried IpV4 solutions Tried factory resetting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-like-steammicrosoft-extensions/19551fa5-f63b-4fc9-aa13-e649fa8b26a1
  5. Cant download apps like steam,microsoft extensions and etc, because it says I need internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download apps like steam,microsoft extensions and etc, because it says I need internet...: Tried all CMD commands possible Tried IpV4 solutions Tried factory resetting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-like-steammicrosoft-extensions/19551fa5-f63b-4fc9-aa13-e649fa8b26a1
  6. I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...: idk the problem is but, can someone help me? I insert random text for requirement for upload this thread....
  7. Can't access internet in any browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access internet in any browser: Hello I have this strange problem since one week. I use my smartphone hotspot to access the internet in my laptop. But since last week I can't access internet in any of the browser Chrome, Firefox, Edge in the laptop. My laptop connects to smartphone hotspot, shows internet...
  8. Saved passwords, emails etc. on apps like Steam and browsers like Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saved passwords, emails etc. on apps like Steam and browsers like Edge: This question may be dumb but I've never done this before. I'm getting a new computer soon. If I factory reset my current computer, will all saved passwords (on apps like Steam) and automatic logins for things like Gmail be removed from the computer? Thanks submitted by...
  9. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone: Basically I have my mic set up properly but I am not able to access it on any desktop apps outside of Microsoft owned ones. Please help, as this only affects my current computer and not others with the same exact settings....
  10. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone: I have gone through all of the regular steps and have my microphone set up on my new laptop and have turned on access to apps. However, after going through all of this microsoft has blocked microphone access to discord or any other games. The link that I have been given is...