Windows 10: I can't access any of my previous personal files on my computer after resetting, can...

Discus and support I can't access any of my previous personal files on my computer after resetting, can... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had to reset my computer when something came up and I couldn't access some apps. I reset it and installed everything back and I found that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrianMac1, Oct 21, 2021.

1. BrianMac1 Win User

I can't access any of my previous personal files on my computer after resetting, can...

I had to reset my computer when something came up and I couldn't access some apps. I reset it and installed everything back and I found that my previous files on my computer like my documents and downloads were still there. I tried to access some photos and videos but it said that I couldn't access them. I tried to edit permissions and I updated my computer thinking that it would resolve my issue but it didn't. I can't access my documents, videos and photos. Also, I cannot access my Microsoft store, I don't know why.

:)

BrianMac1, Oct 21, 2021
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 21, 2021
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 21, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

I can't access any of my previous personal files on my computer after resetting, can...

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

1. I can't access any of my previous personal files on my computer after resetting, can... - Similar Threads - can't access previous

2. I can't access my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my personal computer: I can't access my laptop anymore I have already my account and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-personal-computer/86aced82-5040-4d21-a269-aafa2ed64079
  3. I can't access my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my personal computer: I can't access my laptop anymore I have already my account and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-personal-computer/86aced82-5040-4d21-a269-aafa2ed64079
  4. Can't open files, I am the only person with access to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open files, I am the only person with access to my computer: I am the only person with access to my computer. Out of the blue today, I am getting an error when I try to open files I was working on earlier today. The message says Make sure "Rebecca L" is running on this computer. That is my name associated with One Drive Rebecca L -...
  5. Can't open files, I am the only person with access to my computer

Can't open files, I am the only person with access to my computer: I am the only person with access to my computer. Out of the blue today, I am getting an error when I try to open files I was working on earlier today. The message says Make sure "Rebecca L" is running on this computer. That is my name associated with One Drive Rebecca L -...
  6. I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied": I was asked to update Windows 11 this morning. I did so without problem, and now I'm locked out of every single file and folder. I get the "Accessed Denied" message. This happens whether I open from File Explorer or from within Microsoft Word, for example, where I get that I...
  7. I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied"

I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied": I was asked to update Windows 11 this morning. I did so without problem, and now I'm locked out of every single file and folder. I get the "Accessed Denied" message. This happens whether I open from File Explorer or from within Microsoft Word, for example, where I get that I...
  8. I can't access any of my previous personal files on my computer after resetting, can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access any of my previous personal files on my computer after resetting, can...: I had to reset my computer when something came up and I couldn't access some apps. I reset it and installed everything back and I found that my previous files on my computer like my documents and downloads were still there. I tried to access some photos and videos but it said...
  9. I can't access any of my previous personal files on my computer after resetting, can...

I can't access any of my previous personal files on my computer after resetting, can...: I had to reset my computer when something came up and I couldn't access some apps. I reset it and installed everything back and I found that my previous files on my computer like my documents and downloads were still there. I tried to access some photos and videos but it said...
  10. I lost my personal files and can't go back to previous version!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost my personal files and can't go back to previous version!!!!: Hi all, I updated my PC a few months ago and then hadn't used up until a few days ago. Most of my files are missing, and cannot go back to previous version because it's been more than 10 days. I updated again to see if it would revert the situation but still nothing. What...