Windows 10: I can't access "change desktop icon settings"

Discus and support I can't access "change desktop icon settings" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I click on desktop icon settings this pops up. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnujBihani, May 11, 2019.

1. I can't access "change desktop icon settings"

Every time I click on desktop icon settings this pops up.

I can't access "change desktop icon settings" afe2d32f-6a21-415c-8867-91267aff8ad5?upload=true.png

:)

AnujBihani, May 11, 2019

2. Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 11, 2019
  3. d2thomas Win User
    Desktop Icon Color Change - Accessibility Option

Hello tenforums, I hope you can help.

A friend of mine who recently upgraded to Windows 10 is legally blind and is struggling with some accessibility options. Here is what we are struggling with: We need to change the font color of desktop icons to black. Certain contrasts are more visible for some impairments and in this case, a yellow background with black bold icon text is the best condition.

What I've tried:
    • Tried high contrast theme / mode
    • Tried to modify regedit based on a suggestion for 8.1 here.

Where I've looked:
    • Control Panel - System - Advanced System Settings - Advanced - Performance
    • Personalize - Change Desktop Icons
    • Personalize - Colors
    • Control Panel - Personalization
    • Display Settings
    • Themes - Theme Settings

I was able to get the text black when using the white high contrast mode, but that option won't work. While it does change the icon text to black, it also takes over many other options that deliver a less than desirable contrast for the user. We originally were thinking we could start with the high contrast theme, save as another theme and then systematically roll back the changes we didn't like, leaving the black text. Does not work - when in high contrast mode it effectively locks out your ability to make certain changes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

d2thomas, May 11, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

I can't access "change desktop icon settings"

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

I can't access "change desktop icon settings"

1. I can't access "change desktop icon settings" - Similar Threads - can't access change

2. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  3. I changed my desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I changed my desktop icons.: a few days ago I decided to change my icons to windows 98 icons, and I've liked them. but it's been a bit confusing and I want to change them back, but I don't know how...
  4. File icons changed and cant access settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File icons changed and cant access settings: I updated my system recently and I've discovered two things: The icons for file types like ZIP and ISO have changed and I want them how they were before I can't open my settings at all; clicking the settings when searched for does nothing. Does anyone have a solution to...
  5. cannot access desktop icon settings

cannot access desktop icon settings: i am unable to acess desktop icon settings beacuase windows says it doesnt have permission even though im the administrator what do i do?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Desktop icons settings

Desktop icons settings: I like to place a Computer / This PC on my desktop. one of my main reasons for this is the ability to right click the icon to access Manage. For some unknown reason, while Manage is still on the the right click menu, nothing happens when I click on it. Any ideas?...
  7. Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons

Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons: A brand new Win 10 Pro (64-bit) from DELL. FWIW, BOTH DOMAIN ADMINs and DOMAIN USERS were added to the Local Administrators Group. I (DOMAIN ADMIN) wanted to add "This PC" and "Network" to the local Desktop. I couldn't open Themes | "Desktop Icon Settings" to do that....
  8. can't change desktop icon names

can't change desktop icon names: Whenever I try to change the name of desktop icons, it asks for admin rights (I have them, only user on Windows, admin), I give it and then the whole computer just hangs until I restart explorer.exe from Task Manager. Anyone else having the same problem? Any solution or...
  9. Desktop Icon Color Change - Accessibility Option

Desktop Icon Color Change - Accessibility Option: Hello tenforums, I hope you can help. A friend of mine who recently upgraded to Windows 10 is legally blind and is struggling with some accessibility options. Here is what we are struggling with: We need to change the font color of desktop icons to black. Certain contrasts...
  10. I can't access SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't access SETTINGS: Well, well, well...... I'm back after a failed Refresh. lol. It started to Refresh, I went in the other room, and after returning I saw a screen with a " *Sad " smiley mentioning an error and prompting me to search for the error "Inaccessible boot device".... Then it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access desktop icon settings

2. I cant access change desktop icon settings Every time I click on desktop icon settings this pops up.

3. cannot access desktop icon settings

4. dektop icon eetting cannot acce,
  5. I cant access desktop icon settings