Windows 10: I cant access files on e drive no Permissions, take ownership etc nothing works

Discus and support I cant access files on e drive no Permissions, take ownership etc nothing works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Permissions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-files-on-e-drive-no-permissions-take/7b6c9b06-c672-4eea-9559-7b2dc67f59ca Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevin 101, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Kevin 101 Win User

I cant access files on e drive no Permissions, take ownership etc nothing works

Permissions

:)

Kevin 101, Oct 18, 2020
  2. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Oct 18, 2020
  3. xBruce88x Win User
    file permissions/ownership troubles

a while back my main user account got corrupted somehow and the only way to get to my files was to take ownership of them in my other admin account. but now i'm stuck with having to retake ownership of these files every time i try to access it from another computer or user account, which makes sharing multimedia to my xbox 360 impossible. is there a way to just remove all of these permission settings back to normal? its REALLY getting frustrating with the access denied crap, its even interfering with some .msi install files. *Mad I cant access files on e drive no Permissions, take ownership etc nothing works :mad:*Cry :cry:

this also puts my new computer build on hold since i need to transfer the files but i'm stuck with the ownership crap

edit: btw its on windows xp pro sp3

xBruce88x, Oct 18, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. I cant access files on e drive no Permissions, take ownership etc nothing works - Similar Threads - cant access files

2. Cannot Take ownership of FAT32 USB drive, "You have been denied permission to access this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Take ownership of FAT32 USB drive, "You have been denied permission to access this...: I have tried running " diskmgmt.msc takeown /f E:\ /R /D Y ", I get the response "File ownership cannot be applied on insecure file systems".Every resource seems to say "Open properties, go to the security tab", but there is no security tab.I am, and have always been, the...
  3. File Ownership, and Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Ownership, and Permissions: So, I've thoroughly messed up some files on my pc somehow, as I have what appears to be "Full Control" and "Ownership" of the files. The problem however is that even though these things seem to be true, I'm still met with a message suggesting I need permission from a...
  4. Win 10 permissions and take ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 permissions and take ownership: I have a user who can take ownership of a folder when i have expressly denied the user and administrator/s all permissions including take ownership Users on a single Win 10 PC and as I am not just the only one who uses the PC I want to lock a folder down to stop anyone else...
  5. Taking ownership of a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking ownership of a file: Some time ago a had file that required only one click to take ownership of another file. I would just right click on the file I was interested in and select "take ownership." It would then make a change in the registry and give me addess to that file. Does anyone here know...
  6. Impossible to change permissions or take ownership over file.

Impossible to change permissions or take ownership over file.: Windows 10 64-bit I have a file that AVG Antivirus Free has detected as a Trojan-gen with the name "DBcHMDC" this file is located in the "C:\ProgramData" folder. When i ask AVG to solve the issue, it isn't able to do anything. So i went to check on the file myself, it turns...
  7. Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied: I typed a command in administrator Command Prompt icacls "full path of folder or drive" /setowner "user name" /T /C Because I wanted full access and ownership of my drive, so I followed this fourm Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10 |...
  8. Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied: I typed a command in administrator Command Prompt icacls "full path of folder or drive" /setowner "user name" /T /C Because I wanted full access and ownership of my drive, so I followed this fourm Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10 |...
  9. Cant take ownership

Cant take ownership: So my problem started when i was on my steam and i was downloading a game onto my (D:) drive, it gave me a error message saying folder not writable. I narrowed the problem down to making steam folder in my (D:) drive not read only, but every time i try to, i get an error...
  10. Take ownership(my permission hell)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take ownership(my permission hell): I've been using take ownership since maybe my win7 days even vista but M$ has done something to the process as take ownership no longer applies to everything in a folder. It's been hell trying to restore my older profiles every time I am forced to reinstall the OS(10th time...