Windows 10: I can't access found.000 folder

Discus and support I can't access found.000 folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, Today I plugged in my Seagate Expansion Desk into my PC but when I did I couldn't access the folder due to an error message coming up. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Josh Samuels, Sep 21, 2020.

1. I can't access found.000 folder

Hi there,

Today I plugged in my Seagate Expansion Desk into my PC but when I did I couldn't access the folder due to an error message coming up.

I researched on what to do and I found that I could run chkdsk on command prompt.

I did that and tried to access the 'found.000' folder but it comes up with an error message...

I can't access found.000 folder ffa2ef41-7f57-436d-ad97-cd6b8fc6ae8d?upload=true.png

I then did some more research and I always found the same thing. To change Ownership.

But I always found issues no matter what website I was on or what video I watched.

First of all, in Properties -> Security it says I need Read permissions to view the permissions.

I can't access found.000 folder e4d19f00-b804-48f5-ba7d-95f24638a6c2?upload=true.png

I click on advanced and do all of the ownership stuff and then when I press apply it says that I need write permissions, even if I set my account to have that permission for this folder...

I can't access found.000 folder c471eb03-7c7b-48bb-8978-02cea4ad9e0d?upload=true.png

So I have no idea what to do.

I would really like to be able to recover my files my self and not have to pay money on a application or a person to help me.

Thanks!

:)

Josh Samuels, Sep 21, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Sep 21, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. I can't access found.000 folder

User folder renamed with .000?

Hi all - having an issue with a friend's (named Doug) Win10 HP laptop. He had a Windows 10 upgrade go through awhile back and since then he has two user folders - 'Doug' and 'Doug.000'. For the record, his machine only ever had one user account called Doug, which was an admin account.

'Doug' was the name of his usual account folder...currently that 'Doug' folder now only has an 'AppData' folder in it, nothing else. Everything else (Photos, Documents, etc, etc) has been copied to the 'Doug.000' folder. He also says that when he gets to the logon screen, instead of just his 'Doug' user as there always was, there are THREE users listed now: Two called 'Doug' and one called something else (he never told me what the third was called, I've been in contact with him only through email).

I saw Shawn Brink's tutorial and (this one: Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10) it suggested restarting the machine 4-5 times to see if that makes a difference...I'd passed this along to him and when he restarted it 4-5 times, it made no difference; the 'Doug.000' folder is still there. I asked him if he ever got a message saying his system was logged into a temporary profile and he doesn't remember.

With COVID and lockdowns here, I can't look at his PC in person, but may be able to remote into it to work on it for him.

Any suggestions on how to sort it out? He's somewhat computer-literate, but very much in a 'screws with things he doesn't completely understand' way because he has a very short anger fuse and I'm scared if he tried that tutorial, he'd make things worse. Brink's tutorial doesn't reference anything about a '.000' user folder, so I am not even sure if that tutorial is the one I should be following?

Suggestions or help would be appreciated! I can't access found.000 folder :)

Darkstrike, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

I can't access found.000 folder

1. I can't access found.000 folder - Similar Threads - can't access found

2. How do I recover the files from found.000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover the files from found.000: Hi, So recently I changed some ports and looks like this broken some of the files on my SSD. There a few steam and xbox games which I cannot play anymore. The problem is that there are 500 gb's and I don't want to reinstall them all. Now I need to specify that they're not...
  3. How do I recover the files from found.000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover the files from found.000: Hi, So recently I changed some ports and looks like this broken some of the files on my SSD. There a few steam and xbox games which I cannot play anymore. The problem is that there are 500 gb's and I don't want to reinstall them all. Now I need to specify that they're not...
  4. How do I recover the files from found.000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. found.000 folder after do chkdsk /f . How to relocate files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    found.000 folder after do chkdsk /f . How to relocate files?: After a normal shutdown, when I turned on again at the next day it couldn't boot because "error a disk error occurred". After verifying that there was no physical problem sata cables, ram, etc.; I entered on a Linux OS that I had on a USB. When I entered in disk partitioner...
  6. found.000 folder after do chkdsk /f . How to relocate files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    found.000 folder after do chkdsk /f . How to relocate files?: After a normal shutdown, when I turned on again at the next day it couldn't boot because "error a disk error occurred". After verifying that there was no physical problem sata cables, ram, etc.; I entered on a Linux OS that I had on a USB. When I entered in disk partitioner...
  7. found.000 folder, dir0000.chk folder

found.000 folder, dir0000.chk folder: Recently, my downloads folder was relocated/moved to a different folder. The error message was saying that it was moved or deleted. I downloaded a program to let me see what was in these folders, and it turns out everything was in the found000 folder and the dir0000.chk...
  8. Folder found.000 unable to delete

Folder found.000 unable to delete: Hi MVPs, I am having an issue with deleting found.000 folder. OS is windows 10 pro. There is an invincible .chk file in there cannot be seen anywhere in file explorer In command prompt however, using command dir /a:hd F:\found.000, the file can be seen Tried multiple...
  9. User folder renamed with .000?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder renamed with .000?: Hi all - having an issue with a friend's (named Doug) Win10 HP laptop. He had a Windows 10 upgrade go through awhile back and since then he has two user folders - 'Doug' and 'Doug.000'. For the record, his machine only ever had one user account called Doug, which was an admin...
  10. How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?: I'm facing a rather strange situation. I have a directory on an external hard disk named found.000. Its attributes are Hidden and System. Inside it there is another directory named dir_00000000.chk. That one also has Hidden and System attributes. Now it's worth noting that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. found.000 is not accessible windows 10