Windows 10: I cant access G drive

Discus and support I cant access G drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I disabled User permissions temporarily and later when I enabled it, the changes would not effect all sub folders. When I try to access those folders,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CMWatson, Nov 22, 2021.

1. CMWatson Win User

I cant access G drive

I disabled User permissions temporarily and later when I enabled it, the changes would not effect all sub folders. When I try to access those folders, I get "The Recycling Bin on G:\ corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?" With a yes or no prompt.

:)

CMWatson, Nov 22, 2021

2. no access to G drive in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What exact error message are you receiving when you try to access G drive?
    • Is external G drive a SD card or external hard drive?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 22, 2021
  3. no access to G drive in windows 10

Nov 26, 2015

Hello Kiska,

When you asked about not being able to access your G Drive were your referring to the the path of "G Drive" or an actual external "G-Drive" made by G technology.

PP

PP

Parth P Patel,

I just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro today.

My external G-Drive (made by G Technology has always worked great with Windows 7 but no longer is accessible with Windows 10.

I plugged the G-Drive into my MS SP3 and it works fine so I know it's not the drive or the cord.

Any suggestions.

Please let me know, I am dead in the water without access to that drive.

Thank you,

Mark Brewster

MARK RBREWSTER, Nov 22, 2021
  4. kiska(2) Win User

I cant access G drive

no access to G drive in windows 10

I have windows 10 and cannot get access to use the external G drive. I followed the instructions that were previously listed but I am still denied access. Here is what was previously listed.

a. Right-click on the main folder and choose 'Properties'.

b. Click the 'Security' tab .

c. Look towards the bottom right hand side and click 'Advanced'.

d. Click the 'Owner' tab and click 'Edit'.

e. Under Owner, click on 'Change' link. 

f.  Type 'Everyone' and click on Apply and OK.

g. Now, click on 'Edit' button.

h. Under 'Permission for SYSTEM', place a check mark on all the Allow.

e. Click on 'Apply' and 'OK'.

kiska(2), Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

I cant access G drive

1. I cant access G drive - Similar Threads - cant access drive

2. Google Drive reports Error: "Location is not available. G:\ is not accessible. Access is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive reports Error: "Location is not available. G:\ is not accessible. Access is...: Scenario:Accounts:Regular userAdmin userGoogle Drive desktop was installed under one profile and works normally under that profile.Access is not allowed when attempts are made to access the drive with a program that was launched with the " Run As Another User" Google Drive...
  3. I can't access G drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access G drive: I disabled User permissions temporarily and later when I enabled it, the changes would not effect all sub folders. I had originally disabled permission by right clicking on local drive G:\. Selecting properties, then Security, then selected EDIT and changed the User...
  4. I can't access G drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access G drive: I disabled User permissions temporarily and later when I enabled it, the changes would not effect all sub folders. I had originally disabled permission by right clicking on local drive G:\. Selecting properties, then Security, then selected EDIT and changed the User...
  5. G:\ Drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    G:\ Drive not accessible: When I got my old computer upgraded The G:\ drive somehow became unusable., but files can still be recovered though; as well as it being detected in the windows 10 set up, but yet it says healthy partition....
  6. G:\ Drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    G:\ Drive not accessible: When I got my old computer upgraded The G:\ drive somehow became unusable., but files can still be recovered though; as well as it being detected in the windows 10 set up, but yet it says healthy partition....
  7. Cant install a game on a new G Drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant install a game on a new G Drive: Hi,I have a problem.I wanted to install a game from the Store.I wanted that the game was gonna download on the G Drive,but when i selected it it doesnt worked.Then i installed on my C Drive where was no space anymore.Later i bought Forza Horizon 4 and wanted to download but...
  8. i cant install my game on my G Drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i cant install my game on my G Drive: So i recently reset my pc and ive been having problems with microsoft store when i go to install Fallout 76 and any other game and i click install when i go to my G drive and it wont do anything and i go to change were my apps go to in storage and it gives me error code...
  9. Windows created a G: drive that I cannot access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows created a G: drive that I cannot access: Hi, Yesterday after I updated&restarted my pc, all the files in D: drive SSD were lost. A new G: drive appeared, but I cannot access it. Oddly, it doesn't give me any errors or messages saying that G: is inaccessible, it's just showing up on the Quick Access but not on...
  10. g drive access - need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    g drive access - need help: I have windows 10. when I plug in a thumb drive the computer says I don't have permission to access the device, You have been denied permission to access the folder. then it says to gain access use the security tab but there are no instructions on how to overcome this...