Windows 10: I cant access Microsoft Store - wants password to old account

Discus and support I cant access Microsoft Store - wants password to old account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My old Hotmail address has been closed, and I now have a new Hotmail address, however when I try to access the Microsoft Store, it keeps asking for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ScottHallam, Aug 18, 2019.

1. I cant access Microsoft Store - wants password to old account

My old Hotmail address has been closed, and I now have a new Hotmail address, however when I try to access the Microsoft Store, it keeps asking for password for my old email address. As the old email address is closed, it cant verify, so then it closes. How can I change the email address??

:)

ScottHallam, Aug 18, 2019
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 18, 2019
  3. App store and Microsoft account

You need Gmail account to access play store likewise you need Microsoft account to access Microsoft Account. Though there is some work around but i would suggest you to Change your Password to something much less complicated but Strong.

Windows10users, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Vario Win User

I cant access Microsoft Store - wants password to old account

Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

Hi Guys,

I posted here as Vario back in 2005-2008. Subsequently no longer have my college email address and do not remember the password I used for the Vario account. I can't request the reset be sent because I don't have access to the college email anymore. The University deletes the old accounts after graduation.

Any way I can merge these two accounts? I can try to provide proof that I own that account if you want but not sure how. The last time I logged in was in 2008 so its been quite some time.

I can keep trying old passwords to get in but the site popped up a warning after I did it too frequently.

Thanks.

Vario, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

I cant access Microsoft Store - wants password to old account

1. I cant access Microsoft Store - wants password to old account - Similar Threads - cant access Microsoft

2. I have a password i want to reset to a old password is it possible to retake a old password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a password i want to reset to a old password is it possible to retake a old password: I have a bug in my pc that it reset my pc i can solve the problem but i went to change my password and later i went to retake my old password i it says that i can retake it because its a old password can i just retake my old password ?...
  3. I have a password i want to reset to a old password is it possible to retake a old password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a password i want to reset to a old password is it possible to retake a old password: I have a bug in my pc that it reset my pc i can solve the problem but i went to change my password and later i went to retake my old password i it says that i can retake it because its a old password can i just retake my old password ?...
  4. I want to know my old password in my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to know my old password in my Microsoft account?: I have changed my microsoft password already, but I need my old password to get access to blue screen loop problem please...Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-my-old-password-in-my-microsoft/d6d43589-394b-4094-9319-5e384840eae5
  5. I want to know my old password in my Microsoft account?

I want to know my old password in my Microsoft account?: I have changed my microsoft password already, but I need my old password to get access to blue screen loop problem please...Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-my-old-password-in-my-microsoft/d6d43589-394b-4094-9319-5e384840eae5
  6. I want to know my old password in my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cant change password because of an old school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change password because of an old school account: I've got an issue with changing my windows hello pin password. It says my school account organization wont let me change it, though on the top left, it shows i logged in with my personal account.I did have a school account, which I've disconnected through the Microsoft...
  8. Cant change password because of an old school account

Cant change password because of an old school account: I've got an issue with changing my windows hello pin password. It says my school account organization wont let me change it, though on the top left, it shows i logged in with my personal account.I did have a school account, which I've disconnected through the Microsoft...
  9. I want to change Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to change Microsoft account password: My password in my Microsoft account which is connected to windows 10 i want to change password of it my password is to old therefore want to change but i am not able to find option for changing password...
  10. Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info): Microsoft account issues I do not have access to any of the old info .. that IP is closed and not accessible any longer....