Windows 10: I cant Access my files

Discus and support I cant Access my files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I formatted my PC, Some of my files converted to the locked icon and I can't open them. When I try to open them I get this message "you will need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ohaa, Mar 11, 2020.

1. ohaa Win User

I cant Access my files

After I formatted my PC, Some of my files converted to the locked icon and I can't open them.
    When I try to open them I get this message "you will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes".
    You can see the icons in the screenshots below.
    I cant Access my files [​IMG]

:)

2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 11, 2020
  4. I cant Access my files

File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

I cant Access my files

1. I cant Access my files - Similar Threads - cant Access files

2. Cant access to my quarantine file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access to my quarantine file: Hello i cant access to my quarantine file, i know i got a 32go file inside because i see it in my spacesniffer view first capture i tried to delete the file from there but not possible, i tried to scan with my cmd for see what inside, i found but when i try to delete, not...
  3. Cant access to my quarantine file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant access to my quarantine file: Hello i cant access to my quarantine file, i know i got a 32go file inside because i see it in my spacesniffer view first capture i tried to delete the file from there but not possible, i tried to scan with my cmd for see what inside, i found but when i try to delete, not...
  4. Cant access to my quarantine file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I cant access my other accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant access my other accounts.: Hello there,For awhile i have been trying to access other accounts that i have on my pc but none of them are showing up at the sign-in page.I have used the command prompt and used the command net user and i have seen that i have 3 accounts more ,but i cant access them.Is...
  6. I cant access my other accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant access my other accounts.: Hello there,For awhile i have been trying to access other accounts that i have on my pc but none of them are showing up at the sign-in page.I have used the command prompt and used the command net user and i have seen that i have 3 accounts more ,but i cant access them.Is...
  7. I cant access my Minecraft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant access my Minecraft account: I bought Minecraft a long time ago on my old computer with my account now on my new computer when I logged back into my account it says I no longer own java addition and need to re buy it....
  8. Cant' access programs or file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant' access programs or file: After I tried to delete a secondary drive that I created , my pc is not working like ; I cant install or uninstall software on my pc, and I cant access files and programs including the elevated command prompt , Disk management , device manager and I can't even open exe files...
  9. I cant access my photo's

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant access my photo's: I cant access my photo's for any kind of search time. It just shuts down/revert back to previous open, mail or what the phot was to be used for. I cant look for the proper photo before it reverts back....
  10. i cant access my email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cant access my email: I cannot access my old Hotmail account and I don't have access to my recovery email either. I have tried the account recovery but it keeps telling me I haven't provided enough information. please help!...