Windows 10: I cant Access my files

Discus and support I cant Access my files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I formatted my PC, Some of my files converted to the locked icon and I can't open them. When I try to open them I get this message "you will need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ohaa, Mar 11, 2020.

1. ohaa Win User

I cant Access my files

After I formatted my PC, Some of my files converted to the locked icon and I can't open them.
    When I try to open them I get this message "you will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes".
    You can see the icons in the screenshots below.
    I cant Access my files [​IMG]

:)

2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 11, 2020
  4. I cant Access my files

File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

I cant Access my files

1. I cant Access my files - Similar Threads - cant Access files

2. I cant access my legacy bios and i dont know why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant access my legacy bios and i dont know why: So ive tried tk access my legacy bios by pressing so many different buttons over and over again on my start up and none of them work like ive tried delete(last time i got into my bios it was delete or delete and something else) esc, f2, f8, f10, f11, f12 and thats it but none...
  3. I cannot access files on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot access files on my desktop: I cannot access files on my desktop wth the usual double click. I find that I can fiddle about and get access by right click and using the second "open" option, but this is a real pain in the butt. I believe this to have been caused by an update. I also had great difficulty...
  4. Cant access my photos in albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access my photos in albums: Hello I am unable to access my photos in any of my created albums. It allows me to add to add a new photo to an existing album and to create a new album but when I try to access the album it just shut down and defaults to my desktop screen. Everything else seems to be...
  5. i cant access any of my files apps or accounts..Error Message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i cant access any of my files apps or accounts..Error Message: I recently did a reset. which wiped all my files apps etc. I have had trouble getting them back.now I cant access my browser firefox. or any other apps. just the error message saying … "problem with shortcut..." "the item firefox exe that this shortcut refers to has been...
  6. Cant access my key on a broken SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant access my key on a broken SSD: My SSD completely died so i can't access my windows 10 product key. Is there another way to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-my-key-on-a-broken-ssd/4f637d79-47af-494b-8967-b9b878f06d26"
  7. I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox

I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox: I'm trying to log into hotmail using MS Edge for the purpose of enabling spell check (I understand that you must use Edge to enable this feature). My password on that Hotmail Account is populated automatically (remeber me) with access via FireFox, but it is not visible...
  8. I cant find my imported photos, they are NOT in my pictures file

I cant find my imported photos, they are NOT in my pictures file: ok, so the photos app still finds them, but I cant find them on explorer. i have checked by selecting view-details and looking for most recent - they are not there. I have also checked the settings on the window 10 photos app, and it has 3 folders, all of which are in the...
  9. TEMP file cant get access

in Windows 10 Support
    TEMP file cant get access: Good day to you all, Sorry if i have posted out of turn in this forum but im now officially at the end of my wits with this problem. We are trying to gain permissions access to the Temp file stored in the C Drive on a computer i have clicked properties and then the...
  10. Cant access my documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant access my documents: I do hope that this is the correct place to ask this. Turned on this acer aslpire E1-572 today and when I selected the document and pictures etc from the start nothing happens but when I go to the file explorer and select my doc's folder I get this box comes on screen.Any...