Windows 10: I cant access my legacy bios and i dont know why

Discus and support I cant access my legacy bios and i dont know why in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So ive tried tk access my legacy bios by pressing so many different buttons over and over again on my start up and none of them work like ive tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SStrider88, Mar 15, 2020.

1. I cant access my legacy bios and i dont know why

So ive tried tk access my legacy bios by pressing so many different buttons over and over again on my start up and none of them work like ive tried delete(last time i got into my bios it was delete or delete and something else) esc, f2, f8, f10, f11, f12 and thats it but none of them work so if u have anything that helps please leave a comment (also im on windows 10 desktop)

submitted by /u/SStrider88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SStrider88, Mar 15, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 15, 2020
  3. slance310 Win User
    Difficulty setting BIOS to boot in Legacy mode

Hi,

I read that from your previous link...

That's why I was thinking that a wiped HDD might give a different outcome with the BIOS...

Same reason to try doing a Clean Install with a Flash Drive specifically for Legacy Bios... To see if the Legacy\ Secure Boot issue can be forced to change...

Be sure to have all other HDDs and iOmega stuff unhooked...

I am trying to force something to work on my machine by using a UEFI Flash, as opposed to the Legacy Flash I suggested you try...

I'm trying to boot off of a PCIe based SSD, and my Bios is not recognizing it in Legacy... Not even showing in Bios at all, even though it works fine for Data storage...

slance310, Mar 15, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

I cant access my legacy bios and i dont know why

Need a Legacy Bios R9 270x

Much safer to just modify the original BIOS. The way I suggested is the easiest most efficient way possible to accomplish what you're after. Not trying to toot my own horn...but I'm an ATI/AMD BIOS modding/flashing expert. I've done it literally hundreds, if not thousands, of times.

And yes, they are listed as UEFI Supported(Yes or No).

MrGenius, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

I cant access my legacy bios and i dont know why

1. I cant access my legacy bios and i dont know why - Similar Threads - cant access legacy

2. I cant update my windows and I dont know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant update my windows and I dont know why: I've got the wuauserv file but the windows update service is still not running and I can update nothing even when I tried to recover the service when I restart the computer it disappears again additionaly when I run the cmd as an Administrator and type net start wuauserv it...
  3. I cant update my windows and I dont know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant update my windows and I dont know why: I've got the wuauserv file but the windows update service is still not running and I can update nothing even when I tried to recover the service when I restart the computer it disappears again additionaly when I run the cmd as an Administrator and type net start wuauserv it...
  4. I cant update my windows and I dont know why

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I dont know why but..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont know why but..: My pc has alot of problems BSoD, the bios wont boot, apps wont load. And then when I wait another day it works properly, no problem. Then another day passes it started facing problem again then another day passes its working fine. It just repeate and repeats...
  6. I dont know why but..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I dont know why but..: My pc has alot of problems BSoD, the bios wont boot, apps wont load. And then when I wait another day it works properly, no problem. Then another day passes it started facing problem again then another day passes its working fine. It just repeate and repeats...
  7. I dont know why but..

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Cant access BIOS in Legacy mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant access BIOS in Legacy mode: So last weekend I was trying to install Tails OS on a usb so I can play around on the dark web. Before when I could get to my bios I mistakenly changed it to legacy mode. Now nothing I seem to try wont let me access the bios. Here are a few thing I've tried so far. -Using...
  9. I cant access device manager and i dont know why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant access device manager and i dont know why: [ATTACH] I just get this whenever i try. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-device-manager-and-i-dont-know-why/3f9ade3e-6d51-4d95-a262-1c2d413b18e9
  10. Install options with legacy BIOS. If I dont ask, I'll never know...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install options with legacy BIOS. If I dont ask, I'll never know...: I'm just trying to further my understanding with this. I always clean install by using the installation media to take the drive in question down to unallocated space, and then create a new partition and install Windows. That works well and gives me the small 'System...