Windows 10: i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling

Discus and support i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i open the windows menu my laptop rapidly scrolls nonstop, im not able to select the restart or shutdown buttons, or pretty much any options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Goade, Nov 24, 2022.

1. i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling

when i open the windows menu my laptop rapidly scrolls nonstop, im not able to select the restart or shutdown buttons, or pretty much any options in the windows settings. Im not using a mouse or anything, just the touch pad. all my mouse drivers are up to date. I should also say I can't select anything in the recovery settings, because it scrolls faster than i can click

:)

John Goade, Nov 24, 2022
  2. VroDAX Win User

Feedback: All Apps Start menu does not scroll properly when folder is expanded

I would like to report a bug in the scrollbar handling for the All Apps list in the Start Menu. When you expand one or more folders in the All Apps list the scrollbar does not track the mouse properly.

Duplication steps:

In the Start Menu click All Apps

Scroll down to the Windows Accessories folder and click on it to expand it.

Now, using the mouse, click and hold on the scrollbar button then scroll back and forth to the top and bottom of the list.

The mouse does not stay on the scrollbar as you scroll. In order to scroll all the way to the top or the bottom. You have to release the mouse button and click and hold again to scroll all the way to either end.

Most likely this occurs because the scollbar maximum property is not properly set when folders are expanded.

VroDAX, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Pedr Win User
    Scroll bar on main menu scrolls straight to last item

When I click on the scroll bar of the main windows menu (bottom left button) and start to scroll down, the scrolling then continues automatically to the last item on the list so that I can't access the others. It is as if gravity has taken charge! There is no problem with scroll bars in web windows or in Excel. I think the same problem was happening in Word last week but it is not today. I have tried following various recommended fixes including a clean boot, running Windows defender scan and switching off some mouse functions. I am no computer expert so it is possible I have perforemd all these actions correctly. Nothing has solved the problem. I've also tried a different mouse.
    Any suggestions as to what is the cause of the problem and how I might fix it would be very much appreciated. The graphics card is fairly ancient: could this be the problem?

4. jraptor02 Win User

i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling

Menu Scroll Speed is very slow.

I was wondering if there was a way to increase the scroll speed of the menu's in Edge. I just switched from chrome and it takes forever to scroll in a menu in edge.

NOTE: This is not a corrupt file issue. It scrolls just is really slow.

I use a lot of drop down lists that are very long. It literally scrolls less than 1/4 the speed that chrome does....

Any suggestions?

jraptor02, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling

1. i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling - Similar Threads - cant access menu

2. I cant scroll using my track pad on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant scroll using my track pad on my laptop: My trackpad on my laptop doesn't allow me to scroll. It can still move and click but i cant scroll using two fingers. I have tried using solutions line but some menus seem to be missing, such as touchpad not showing in device manager....
  3. I cant scroll using my track pad on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant scroll using my track pad on my laptop: My trackpad on my laptop doesn't allow me to scroll. It can still move and click but i cant scroll using two fingers. I have tried using solutions line but some menus seem to be missing, such as touchpad not showing in device manager....
  4. I cant scroll using my track pad on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling: when i open the windows menu my laptop rapidly scrolls nonstop, im not able to select the restart or shutdown buttons, or pretty much any options in the windows settings. Im not using a mouse or anything, just the touch pad. all my mouse drivers are up to date. I should also...
  6. i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling

i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling: when i open the windows menu my laptop rapidly scrolls nonstop, im not able to select the restart or shutdown buttons, or pretty much any options in the windows settings. Im not using a mouse or anything, just the touch pad. all my mouse drivers are up to date. I should also...
  7. I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency: i already tried to reinstall windows, uninstall drivers, install drivers, disable devices, change power options, edit registry, services, i think everything that is on internet but i just cant fix this, ive seen that people have this problem since 2016, im really pissed off...
  8. I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency

I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency: i already tried to reinstall windows, uninstall drivers, install drivers, disable devices, change power options, edit registry, services, i think everything that is on internet but i just cant fix this, ive seen that people have this problem since 2016, im really pissed off...
  9. I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Can't access my laptop because of the password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access my laptop because of the password: I was having problem with my new laptop. So I decided restart it and start again from fabric default. Everything went OK till once finished the windows installation the system ask me for my username and password. I used the ones that I had but it didn't work. I tried to start...