Windows 10: I can't access my Settings or Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support I can't access my Settings or Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got a new computer yesterday, and ever since, I have not been able to load any of my computer settings or any of the apps installed on my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by assassin625, Mar 24, 2016.

1. I can't access my Settings or Apps in Windows 10

I got a new computer yesterday, and ever since, I have not been able to load any of my computer settings or any of the apps installed on my computer. Whenever I try to click any of the apps or settings on my computer, it displays this message:

"This App can't open. The trial period for this app has expired. Visit the Windows Store to purchase the full app."

I tried phone customer service from Microsoft, who kept me on hold for about an hour, hung up, and after another hour when I called them back, told me that I need to do a system restore (which is not an option since I can't access my settings). I haven't tampered with the computer, I just set up a Microsoft Account and entered in all necessary information to get the computer to work. I have no explanation as to why this is happening, especially for the settings, as this has never been a problem with any other computer any of my peers or I have ever experienced. Any ideas?

:)

assassin625, Mar 24, 2016

2. Can't access EMAIL thru Mail App in Windows 10

Bought a new Windows 10 notebook; set up Outlook account with a gmail email. All was fine so I added my other accounts to the Mail App so I could view all on the notebook. One fine day I was unable to access the accounts by clicking on the "mail" section
    of the Windows desktop. Don't know what happened but I can't access calendar either! When I try to access Outlook it asks me to set up an account. Now get this, in settings I can see all my email accounts are still set up.

Weird I thought, so I called Microsoft help. They said to remove the "Mail & Calendar" app and download it again from the app store. I did that but can't seem to get the app downloaded again. What am I missing here???? I need to access my accounts on my
    notebook

LoriLee777, Mar 24, 2016
  3. Rob_838 Win User
    "can't open apps with the built in adminstrator account" error message on Windows 10.

Original title: Can't create new user, open task manager, change User Account Control settings, Windows 10

I had a virus removed, well Norton says the threat is removed but apparently my security settings were changed. I can't access Task Manger, User Account Control settings, can't create or edit User Accounts, and I can't open some apps, it gives me an error
    that the app can't open with the built-in administrator account.

Rob_838, Mar 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

I can't access my Settings or Apps in Windows 10

Hi, the simplest option, since it's new, is to take this up with the supplier.

From another point of view, since it was new, what has happened that has given rise to the problem? E.g. did it come with Win 10 or did you upgrade to Win 10?

Further, as it's a new one, you could consider using its recovery partition. Check with your manufacturer or forum.

By the way, it almost reads as though 'I got a new computer, and now my existing (older) computer doesn't work'. Could you clarify? Thanks!

dalchina, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

I can't access my Settings or Apps in Windows 10

1. I can't access my Settings or Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't access Settings

2. Can't access Device properties from Windows 10 settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Device properties from Windows 10 settings app: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The laptop didn't come with Bluetooth, so I added a Bluetooth adapter, which has worked in the past. Today, I tried to access the Device settings through the Device link in the settings app; when I clicked on "Devices", the entire...
  3. Can't access Device properties from Windows 10 settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Device properties from Windows 10 settings app: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The laptop didn't come with Bluetooth, so I added a Bluetooth adapter, which has worked in the past. Today, I tried to access the Device settings through the Device link in the settings app; when I clicked on "Devices", the entire...
  4. Can't access Device properties from Windows 10 settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't access settings on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access settings on my windows 10: I updated to September 8, 2020 - KB4571756 and now I can't access the settings in my windows 10. Even I can't change the display settings in my windows 10. Anybody can help?...
  6. "I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting"

"I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting": Let me explain detail my problem following- I am Network Engineer. So that's why, When I using the lab in EVE-ng and I want to be open my Xshell application as default console app but I can't set my xshell app into choose default app by protocol about URL: Telnet, URL: ssh...
  7. Can't access Apps in Settings

Can't access Apps in Settings: Hello, I'm encountering a strange error: when I open the Settings panel (gear-wheel icon), and click on any icon except the one labelled Apps, I get the usual response (subpanel opens etc. etc.); however, when I click on the Apps icon nothing happens. The only way I can...
  8. I can't access my messages on the Windows 10 Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my messages on the Windows 10 Xbox App: Everytime I try accessing my messages on the Windows 10 app it says "Try again-we had trouble getting your conversations." I can access and send messages on my xbox just fine but not on the Windows app. I tried using the "Reset" button, I've tried signing out, and I've tried...
  9. I can't open my settings app

I can't open my settings app: after recent update onwards I was not able to open my settings app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-cant-open-my-settings-app/dfad7887-2f38-48a6-8510-0b4b0b531759
  10. I can't access SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't access SETTINGS: Well, well, well...... I'm back after a failed Refresh. lol. It started to Refresh, I went in the other room, and after returning I saw a screen with a " *Sad " smiley mentioning an error and prompting me to search for the error "Inaccessible boot device".... Then it...