Windows 10: I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can

Discus and support I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't access my home network wd drive but 2 other computers on same network can--all have windows 10 professional--How can I fix this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cousin Vinny Rx, Sep 6, 2018.

1. I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can

I can't access my home network wd drive but 2 other computers on same network can--all have windows 10 professional--How can I fix this problem?

:)

Cousin Vinny Rx, Sep 6, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Sep 6, 2018
  4. FLY3R Win User

I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can

Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can :)

FLY3R, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can

1. I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can - Similar Threads - can't access home

2. Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network: I'm trying to share a Drive on my laptop Win11 Home through my Network so my desktop Win 11 Pro can rename files and do some file management on it. Both are on the same network and what I've done so far is mess around with settings to the point where I can see the other...
  3. Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network: I'm trying to share a Drive on my laptop Win11 Home through my Network so my desktop Win 11 Pro can rename files and do some file management on it. Both are on the same network and what I've done so far is mess around with settings to the point where I can see the other...
  4. WD my cloud as network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WD my cloud as network drive: [ATTACH] Hello, how can I set WD my cloud as network drive? Currently I can see it with its name - WDC. Double click on it opens wd my cloud login page, but even if I log it is still same. I have no idea what I did but on my another computer I can see all shared drivers...
  5. Can't access computers on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access computers on home network: I'm setting up a new Dell XPS 8930. Existing home network which uses Workgroup at this point includes a Win7 Dell and a Win8.1 Lenovo. The Win7 will be updated to 10 when this problem is solved. All computers show up on all computers under Network. The Win10 can access the...
  6. How to put 2 home computers in a same network

How to put 2 home computers in a same network: I have 2 computers at home: one desktop computer running windows10 version 1803 and one laptop computer running Windows 10 version 1903. I use wireless. How to put 2 computers in a same network, so that I can share. Before it is Ok. Now it disappears. Please help. Thanks...
  7. Accessing 2 computers on same network through RDP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accessing 2 computers on same network through RDP: I use RDP to access my computer at work. I have 2 computers on the same network that I need to access with RDP. I access #1 and save as a shortcut on my desktop perfectly, but then when I access #2 computer and try to save as a shortcut (different name) it always saves the...
  8. Access to another computer on my home network.

Access to another computer on my home network.: When trying to access a second computer I'm required to enter a user name and password. There are no user names and/or passwords on any of my computers. What now?...
  9. Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.

Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.: I tried connecting to 2 different computer via Ethernet cable and WiFi but their pc can't be accessed and is requiring user/password login or network credentials to access. The settings Turn off password protected sharing and Use user accounts and passwords to connect to...
  10. Can't access my Home PC on the network.

Can't access my Home PC on the network.: Frustrated. As of yesterday, I am getting an error when I try to access my home PC from my android phone - login failure. unknown username or bad password. I use my Hotmail account as my username. I did this, because Microsoft insisted. I can login fine to my Hotmail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access wd home duo from home network