Windows 10: I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can

Discus and support I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't access my home network wd drive but 2 other computers on same network can--all have windows 10 professional--How can I fix this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cousin Vinny Rx, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Cousin Vinny Rx Win User

I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can

I can't access my home network wd drive but 2 other computers on same network can--all have windows 10 professional--How can I fix this problem?

:)

Cousin Vinny Rx, Sep 6, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 6, 2018
  3. zekrahminator Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Sep 6, 2018
  4. FLY3R Win User

I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can

Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can :)

FLY3R, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can - Similar Threads - can't access home

2. Can't access one computer on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access one computer on my network: I have a strange problem and can't find an answer. My network has the following computers: -Win 10 Pro desktop -Win 10 Home laptop -Win 7 desktop From the laptop, I can't see or access the Win 10 Pro desktop but I can see and access the Win 7 desktop. I can see and access...
  3. A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other...

A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other...: I have a Win 10 1803 computer that all of a sudden this morning its drives can no longer be accessed by other computers on my network yet it can browse the other computer drives with no problems. It can be pinged with no problems. When I try to map a network drive on...
  4. Cannot Connect To A Network Storage Drive On My Home Network

Cannot Connect To A Network Storage Drive On My Home Network: The problem is the PC has an iTunes library on it and we had to store it on the C:\ Drive in a public folder. The C:\ drive (256 GB) does not have much space left due to the size of the iTunes library. The storage drive is a 2 TB. I can access other storage drives on my...
  5. Computer I don't recognize on my home network

Computer I don't recognize on my home network: When I look at my network (Windows 10) private, home network, I see a computer listed under "Computers" that I don't recognize. How do I find out what computer that is and how do I block it or remove it?...
  6. Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.

Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.: I tried connecting to 2 different computer via Ethernet cable and WiFi but their pc can't be accessed and is requiring user/password login or network credentials to access. The settings Turn off password protected sharing and Use user accounts and passwords to connect to...
  7. I can't find a computer in my network.

I can't find a computer in my network.: Hey, I am Neha. We have total of 4 computers in the network and out of that i can't find 1 computer. The main issue is this problem is just faced by me. The other 3 computers can see all the computers in their network. Looking forward for a immediate reply. Thank you 112882
  8. 1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed

1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed: I have 3 computers. On 1703 all computers talk to each other via shared folders without passwords on my private network. 1=desktop=1709=wired, 2=laptop=wireless=1709, 3=laptop=wireless=1703, All units can access my NAS b4 and after the update. I updated 2 from 1703 to 1709...
  9. How can I gain access to move files in my home network?

How can I gain access to move files in my home network?: I have retired a second computer and have hooked it via Ethernet to a remote location on my home. I can see the files on the remote computer and from the remote computer to the main. When I try drag/drop to get files from the main to remote, I get a permissions denied...
  10. Can't access my Home PC on the network.

Can't access my Home PC on the network.: Frustrated. As of yesterday, I am getting an error when I try to access my home PC from my android phone - login failure. unknown username or bad password. I use my Hotmail account as my username. I did this, because Microsoft insisted. I can login fine to my Hotmail...