Windows 10: I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox

Discus and support I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to log into hotmail using MS Edge for the purpose of enabling spell check (I understand that you must use Edge to enable this feature). My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BRUCEWelchlin, Jan 17, 2019.

1. I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox

I'm trying to log into hotmail using MS Edge for the purpose of enabling spell check (I understand that you must use Edge to enable this feature).

My password on that Hotmail Account is populated automatically (remeber me) with access via FireFox, but it is not visible showing only dots instaed of letters numbers or charectors. Consequently, when I try to enter the account using Edge, it naturally wants that passowrd........ but I can't see it.

MS Edge prompts me to initiate a text to my current cell phone amd shows the last 4 digits of my phone. Problem is, when I click to send text, it tells me that isn't the cell number on file. So the only other option is to go down the MS Rabbit Hole to try and recover my account. While I have some of the information that the ask for, I don't have all of it. Ironically (and perhaps someone's sense of humor at work) some of the information it wants you to validate like the last Email subject lines you sent from the account would require me to have access to the account. Others like what credit card did I use to purchase MS products, who knows when ago, I simply don't have.

So here are my questions:

1) how can I open my Hotmail Account in MS Edge without spending a week researching information from years ago?

2) is there a way to see my hotmail passowrd using the FireFox browser (i.e., "show my password")?

Thanks for your help!!

:)

BRUCEWelchlin, Jan 17, 2019
  2. iStink Win User

User accounts in VB2005 from MS Access

Access has a list of words not to use as column names, but if you must, you'll need to use brackets in your sql statement. I'm unsure of the list of words, but the line of code appears valid. Try using this:

Dim sqlString As String = "INSERT INTO USERS ([USERNAME], [PASSWORD]) VALUES ('" & usernameString & "', '" & passwordString & "')"

Perhaps its password that's causing the issue.

You could also try renaming the columns within the access database. I ran into this issue when I used the word time as a column name.

iStink, Jan 17, 2019
  3. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Jan 17, 2019
  4. I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox

User accounts in VB2005 from MS Access

I wasn't suggesting moving the result of the replace back to the textbox.

More like Dim sqlString As String = "INSERT INTO USERS ([USERNAME], [PASSWORD]) VALUES ('" & replace(textbox1.text, "'", "''") & "', '" & replace(textbox2.text, "'", "''") & "')".

And I think the whole issue was the closing bracket I forgot *Smile I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox :) At least with Accdb (2007) files you don't have to use those [Access brackets] when accessing data from .NET. Not sure if that's forced with mdb files though.

DanTheBanjoman, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox

1. I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox - Similar Threads - cant access Hotmail

2. I have the access to my hotmail account but I don’t have the access to my old phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have the access to my hotmail account but I don’t have the access to my old phone number: Hey everyone i just updated my bios after i want to enter to windows i get this message your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings…. here is the problem i should login with my hotmail account to set a new pin after i login i have to put the 2FA...
  3. I have the access to my hotmail account but I don’t have the access to my old phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have the access to my hotmail account but I don’t have the access to my old phone number: Hey everyone i just updated my bios after i want to enter to windows i get this message your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings…. here is the problem i should login with my hotmail account to set a new pin after i login i have to put the 2FA...
  4. I cant access my other accounts.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant access my other accounts.: Hello there,For awhile i have been trying to access other accounts that i have on my pc but none of them are showing up at the sign-in page.I have used the command prompt and used the command net user and i have seen that i have 3 accounts more ,but i cant access them.Is...
  5. I cant access my other accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant access my other accounts.: Hello there,For awhile i have been trying to access other accounts that i have on my pc but none of them are showing up at the sign-in page.I have used the command prompt and used the command net user and i have seen that i have 3 accounts more ,but i cant access them.Is...
  6. I cant access my other accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I cant access my Minecraft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant access my Minecraft account: I bought Minecraft a long time ago on my old computer with my account now on my new computer when I logged back into my account it says I no longer own java addition and need to re buy it....
  8. hotmail access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hotmail access: the hotmail access icon will not open the application - it flashes and shows the envelope, then closes out. However there is notification that there are new emails to be read, so the account must be active....
  9. I cannot access 192.168.1.1 in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot access 192.168.1.1 in MS Edge: Hello world, I love MS Edge, really do. But I cannot use MS Edge when I need to access my router... weird thing is: I can access my router, using Google Chrome (on same PC), but like I said earlier on: I cannot access my router with MS Edge. This seems to me like a bug in...
  10. Cannot access my hotmail account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access my hotmail account: Hello: It looks like I am losing my 20+ years hotmail account. I tried to sign in and I was given a message where it said that I had to verify my password. So as I always I do, I went directly to the hotmail sign in page and tried again. The same thing. So I I tried to verify...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Accessibility links hotmail.com