Windows 10: I cant access setting or some files because i tried to change my account to full control...

Discus and support I cant access setting or some files because i tried to change my account to full control... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I really cant acces some files like it says that i dont have authorization and i cant access the control panel to change the access.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidWolf4, Oct 18, 2020.

1. I cant access setting or some files because i tried to change my account to full control...

I really cant acces some files like it says that i dont have authorization and i cant access the control panel to change the access.

:)

DavidWolf4, Oct 18, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    User Account Control: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

Hi Josh,

User Account Control helps prevent malware from damaging a computer. It also allows all users to log on to their computers using a standard user account. To isolate your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Do you have an antivirus application installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you change your User Account Control Settings in Control Panel to modify the Settings. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click User Accounts icon.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • This will open the C:\Windows\System32\UserAccountControlSettings.exe file.
    • If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes.
    • Move the slider up or down to the setting for how you want to be notified by User Account Control, and click OK.
    • If prompted by UAC, click Yes.
    • When finished, you can close User Accounts.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Matt316 Win User

I cant access setting or some files because i tried to change my account to full control...

Controlled Folder Access

Hi.

I've been using Controlled Folder Access recently but I'm having a problem getting one application to change/create files. I use doPDF8 to create PDF files, but when CFA is active, it won't save my work. The notice explaining that something has tried accessing the folder only comes up once. (I assume that if you don't do anything about it, the program trying to access the file is put on the 'black list'.) Turning CFA off and then on again causes the notice to appear once more. However, the notice seems to suggest that it is C:\Windows\splwow64.exe that is trying to access/create the file, but when I put this into the 'allow app control' list, it still doesn't work. The only way I can find to get the PDF file created is to turn off CFA, create the file and then turn it back on again.

Any ideas?

Matt

(Windows 10 ver 1709)

Matt316, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

I cant access setting or some files because i tried to change my account to full control...

1. I cant access setting or some files because i tried to change my account to full control... - Similar Threads - cant access setting

2. I cant access some of my settings on microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant access some of my settings on microsoft 10: Hello All, I've been having this issue for a while now and it's become really frustrating. My settings are not complete, I can type in the start search bar to see a thing that should take me to my pcs account settings, but when I click it, it just takes me to my regular...
  3. I cant access some of my settings on microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant access some of my settings on microsoft 10: Hello All, I've been having this issue for a while now and it's become really frustrating. My settings are not complete, I can type in the start search bar to see a thing that should take me to my pcs account settings, but when I click it, it just takes me to my regular...
  4. I cant access some of my settings on microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am trying to change my pin but i cant access the account to change it because i made a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to change my pin but i cant access the account to change it because i made a...: So i am trying to sign into my microsoft account on a new account. But heres the thing, they want me to reset my pin through the settings when im not even signed into my account on the actual device, please help me with this situation...
  6. I am trying to change my pin but i cant access the account to change it because i made a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am trying to change my pin but i cant access the account to change it because i made a...: So i am trying to sign into my microsoft account on a new account. But heres the thing, they want me to reset my pin through the settings when im not even signed into my account on the actual device, please help me with this situation...
  7. I am trying to change my pin but i cant access the account to change it because i made a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I cant play Minecraft multiplayer because of Microsoft account settings and whenever I try...

I cant play Minecraft multiplayer because of Microsoft account settings and whenever I try...: So I just got a Microsoft account to play Minecraft Java Edition, and when I got it set up the Multiplayer and Realms bars were disabled, and when i hovered over the grayed bars it said "Multiplayer is disabled due to Microsoft account settings. I looked it up and it said...
  9. I can't access to some of my control panel settings!

I can't access to some of my control panel settings!: I can't open up any external hardware settings in control panel. Whenever I click on the settings like sound, keyboard, mouse - it says that application not found. As a result, I can't use my mic in any apps. I searched online but there's no solution of this problem. What can...
  10. File icons changed and cant access settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File icons changed and cant access settings: I updated my system recently and I've discovered two things: The icons for file types like ZIP and ISO have changed and I want them how they were before I can't open my settings at all; clicking the settings when searched for does nothing. Does anyone have a solution to...