Windows 10: I can't access the activation settings on my computer.

Discus and support I can't access the activation settings on my computer. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got an overlay telling me to activate windows, but it was already activated a while agopre-owned. when I went to find out what was happening, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SamuelSmith4815, Feb 8, 2021.

1. I can't access the activation settings on my computer.

I got an overlay telling me to activate windows, but it was already activated a while agopre-owned. when I went to find out what was happening, I couldn't access the activation tab in the settings, I can't even troubleshoot. the settings just freeze when I try to use the activation tab.
    after that happened, I restarted my computer and now all my customizations are reset and I can't set them back to how they were, and I still have the problem of not being able to use the activation tab. since the computer was preowned, I don't have the original code for the pc or the disk either. The previous owner also builds computers fairly often. can anybody help with this?

:)

SamuelSmith4815, Feb 8, 2021
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Feb 8, 2021
  3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Feb 8, 2021
  4. DTG1 Win User

I can't access the activation settings on my computer.

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

I can't access the activation settings on my computer.

1. I can't access the activation settings on my computer. - Similar Threads - can't access activation

2. I can't access my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my personal computer: I can't access my laptop anymore I have already my account and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-personal-computer/86aced82-5040-4d21-a269-aafa2ed64079
  3. I can't access my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my personal computer: I can't access my laptop anymore I have already my account and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-personal-computer/86aced82-5040-4d21-a269-aafa2ed64079
  4. I can't access my toolbar or go to Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my toolbar or go to Settings: I have been trying for hours to do this, my apps on the taskbar aren't there, and my settings aren't working, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-toolbar-or-go-to-settings/83c4a490-7d04-4b3e-886e-82c590fe7c12
  5. I can't access my toolbar or go to Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my toolbar or go to Settings: I have been trying for hours to do this, my apps on the taskbar aren't there, and my settings aren't working, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-toolbar-or-go-to-settings/83c4a490-7d04-4b3e-886e-82c590fe7c12
  6. I can't access my toolbar or go to Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't access settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access settings: I cannot access settings (it wont open each time i try) and setting like on the picture looks lock so i cant access them either[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-settings/b10a99f9-0a94-4378-ad64-c729510041ac
  8. I can't access my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't access my computer.: After downloading what was supposed to be "DriverUpdatePlus" from Microsoft I can't access my computer. It won't let me enter my password or respond in any way. Have I made a bad mistake and downloaded a virus, malware or something?...
  9. Can't access my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my computer: New computer, set up networking to all the other computers (4) on my network, now trying to map some locations on my computer, click on the computer name and nothing happens, it doesn't expand. Network discovery is turned on as well as file and print sharing. This computer...
  10. I can't access SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't access SETTINGS: Well, well, well...... I'm back after a failed Refresh. lol. It started to Refresh, I went in the other room, and after returning I saw a screen with a " *Sad " smiley mentioning an error and prompting me to search for the error "Inaccessible boot device".... Then it...