Windows 10: I can't access the internet in any account except one

Discus and support I can't access the internet in any account except one in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer has several accounts, but only one of them can connect to the internet. I tried refreshing the browser and finding any interfering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KOG David John, Mar 1, 2024.

1. I can't access the internet in any account except one

My computer has several accounts, but only one of them can connect to the internet. I tried refreshing the browser and finding any interfering programs, but there are none. How can I fix this?

:)

KOG David John, Mar 1, 2024
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy. I have tried the following:
    1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender) So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Mar 1, 2024
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 1, 2024
  4. I can't access the internet in any account except one

Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

I can't access the internet in any account except one

1. I can't access the internet in any account except one - Similar Threads - can't access internet

2. I can't access the internet in any account except one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access the internet in any account except one: My computer has several accounts, but only one of them can connect to the internet. I tried refreshing the browser and finding any interfering programs, but there are none. How can I fix this?...
  3. I can't access the internet in any account except one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access the internet in any account except one: My computer has several accounts, but only one of them can connect to the internet. I tried refreshing the browser and finding any interfering programs, but there are none. How can I fix this?...
  4. Internet Access is Blocked, except for MS Teams Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Access is Blocked, except for MS Teams Work Account: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 Pro, with my personal desktop computer that I enrolled to my work organization and "allowed my organization to manage my computer".This problem device now has almost zero internet. Using MS Edge or Chrome, I'm getting:Hmmm... your Internet access is...
  5. Internet Access is Blocked, except for MS Teams Work Account

Internet Access is Blocked, except for MS Teams Work Account: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 Pro, with my personal desktop computer that I enrolled to my work organization and "allowed my organization to manage my computer".This problem device now has almost zero internet. Using MS Edge or Chrome, I'm getting:Hmmm... your Internet access is...
  6. I cannot access any website except Google, Err_connection_failed. But I have internet on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access any website except Google, Err_connection_failed. But I have internet on...: My PC is connected to the internet but the only website I can access is Google. This has been happening for 3 days now. Spotify, Battlenet, and the Riot app all have internet. But when I go to a browser the only website I can access is Google. I have tried on Chrome, Mozilla,...
  7. I cannot access any website except Google, Err_connection_failed. But I have internet on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access any website except Google, Err_connection_failed. But I have internet on...: My PC is connected to the internet but the only website I can access is Google. This has been happening for 3 days now. Spotify, Battlenet, and the Riot app all have internet. But when I go to a browser the only website I can access is Google. I have tried on Chrome, Mozilla,...
  8. I can't see any users except the Administrator one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't see any users except the Administrator one: Hi. I am not able to view any users when I log in to my PC or when switching accounts. I am only able to work with the Administrator account. I went to Family& Other users and added multiple accounts, but not one of them can be signed in with. I went to Computer...
  9. Can't access internet in any browser

Can't access internet in any browser: Hello I have this strange problem since one week. I use my smartphone hotspot to access the internet in my laptop. But since last week I can't access internet in any of the browser Chrome, Firefox, Edge in the laptop. My laptop connects to smartphone hotspot, shows internet...
  10. I can't access the internet on any browser except Chrome on my new Windows 10 Laptop.. How...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't access the internet on any browser except Chrome on my new Windows 10 Laptop.. How...: Screenshot ---- https://i.postimg.cc/wM9cykcw/scr.png I use an Android Tablet as hotspot. Also restarted it. Deleted cache/cookies submitted by /u/SnooLobsters7431 [link] [comments]...