Windows 10: I can't access the internet on any browser except Chrome on my new Windows 10 Laptop.. How...

Discus and support I can't access the internet on any browser except Chrome on my new Windows 10 Laptop.. How... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Screenshot ---- https://i.postimg.cc/wM9cykcw/scr.png I use an Android Tablet as hotspot. Also restarted it. Deleted cache/cookies submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SnooLobsters7431, Aug 11, 2020.

1. I can't access the internet on any browser except Chrome on my new Windows 10 Laptop.. How...

/u/SnooLobsters7431, Aug 11, 2020

2. Can`t set a default browser in Windows 10

Hello, I`ve been having an issue with setting my default internet browser in Windows 10 for about a month now.

When Windows starts, it asks me to select a default browser, I select Google Chrome from the list and it goes away.

Nothing happens and under default programs there is still no default browser listed.

Then, when I open my browser I am prompted by Chrome to make it my default.

The same Windows prompt appears again and I select Chrome from the list.

However, even after these steps every time I click on a link, I am asked to select a default browser.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Stephen_57, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2020
  4. I can't access the internet on any browser except Chrome on my new Windows 10 Laptop.. How...

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

I can't access the internet on any browser except Chrome on my new Windows 10 Laptop.. How...

1. I can't access the internet on any browser except Chrome on my new Windows 10 Laptop.. How... - Similar Threads - can't access internet

2. I can't access my internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my internet: I can't access my internet even if I'm connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-internet/4c7e8f49-fb35-4942-9cf7-ecdd6890b65f
  3. I can't access the internet in any account except one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access the internet in any account except one: My computer has several accounts, but only one of them can connect to the internet. I tried refreshing the browser and finding any interfering programs, but there are none. How can I fix this?...
  4. I can't access the internet in any account except one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access the internet in any account except one: My computer has several accounts, but only one of them can connect to the internet. I tried refreshing the browser and finding any interfering programs, but there are none. How can I fix this?...
  5. I can't access the internet in any account except one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...: idk the problem is but, can someone help me? I insert random text for requirement for upload this thread....
  7. I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...: idk the problem is but, can someone help me? I insert random text for requirement for upload this thread....
  8. Can't access internet in any browser

Can't access internet in any browser: Hello I have this strange problem since one week. I use my smartphone hotspot to access the internet in my laptop. But since last week I can't access internet in any of the browser Chrome, Firefox, Edge in the laptop. My laptop connects to smartphone hotspot, shows internet...
  9. Not able to access the internet using Chrome browser

Not able to access the internet using Chrome browser: I am using windows 10 on my laptop, a few weeks back I have installed Google Chrome on my laptop, but the problem is, whenever I open Chrome, a yellow border covers the chrome tab and Chrome do not get connected to the internet. if I run crome as an administrator, then it...
  10. Can't view any sites except youtube.com with Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Can't view any sites except youtube.com with Chrome: I have used this Asus ROG laptop for over a month without any problem. It started having internet problems. 1. I can only view youtube.com with Chrome. I can't use it with IE 11, Edge, or Firefox. 2. Initially, other sites would work (with all browsers) after restarting....