Windows 10: I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro.

Discus and support I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I lost access to virus and threat protection a couple of months back and I can't get it back. When I try to open it it says that my it administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cristian Muntean1, Feb 19, 2024.

1. I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro.

I lost access to virus and threat protection a couple of months back and I can't get it back. When I try to open it it says that my it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app it's my personal laptop. I've tried to edit the regedit, the group policies, ran some commands in cmd but nothing worked the commands in the cmd worked until I turn off the laptop and turn it back on. I'm running windows 11 pro version 23H2 build 22631.3155.

:)

Cristian Muntean1, Feb 19, 2024

2. Accessing Exclusion in Virus and Threat Protection,

Hello there!

Is there any other way to access the exclusion for virus and threat protection? I've tried to follow steps shown online but I cannot find the settings.

Thank you!

Mark Eufracio, Feb 19, 2024
  3. gohan2091 Win User
    Virus and Threat Protection Missing (Windows 11)

The Virus and Threat Protection part of Windows Security is not showing and I have tried various registry edits and commands to try and get this back and nothing has worked. Windows security menu shows this:
    I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro. 400754d1700497172t-virus-threat-protection-missing-windows-11-a-screenshot-2023-11-20-161828.png
    When I click "Virus and threat protection" it shows this:
    I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro. 400755d1700497234t-virus-threat-protection-missing-windows-11-a-screenshot-2023-11-20-161815.png
    I am the administrator and the sole user of my computer. Here is a screenshot of my Local Group Policy:
    I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro. 400756d1700497429t-virus-threat-protection-missing-windows-11-a-screenshot-2023-11-20-162246.png
    I've ran sfc /scannow. I've also ran the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth commands. In Registry at "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Virus and threat protection" this folder (Virus and threat protection) did not exist but I made a DWORD32 called "UILockdown" and set it to 0. Here is the Powershell command "Get-MpComputerStatus" which says antivirus is active?
    I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro. 400757d1700497726t-virus-threat-protection-missing-windows-11-a-screenshot-2023-11-20-162733.png
    I don't have any 3rd party antivirus applications installed. I've also a virus scan via some Microsoft scanner (MSERT.exe) and it didn't find any issues. Can anyone help please?

gohan2091, Feb 19, 2024
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro.

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Feb 19, 2024
Thema:

I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro.

1. I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro. - Similar Threads - can't access virus

2. Can't access virus and threat protection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access virus and threat protection.: why can't I access the virus and threat protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-virus-and-threat-protection/638cc8e8-2391-4908-a2e8-ce0353207abe
  3. Can't access virus and threat protection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access virus and threat protection.: why can't I access the virus and threat protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-virus-and-threat-protection/638cc8e8-2391-4908-a2e8-ce0353207abe
  4. I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access virus and threat protection on windows 11 pro.: I lost access to virus and threat protection a couple of months back and I can't get it back. When I try to open it it says that my it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app it's my personal laptop. I've tried to edit the regedit, the group policies, ran...
  5. i can't access my threats and virus protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't access my threats and virus protection: help me to access my threat and virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-threats-and-virus-protection/eb30acd1-586d-4c5e-9b2c-23bd5098bdc2
  6. i can't access my threats and virus protection

i can't access my threats and virus protection: help me to access my threat and virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-threats-and-virus-protection/eb30acd1-586d-4c5e-9b2c-23bd5098bdc2
  7. Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection on window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection on window 11 pro: when i install new window after i try to open virus protection the pop show this Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection, "Your IT Administrator has Limited Access" .then i again reinstall window still same...
  8. Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection on window 11 pro

Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection on window 11 pro: when i install new window after i try to open virus protection the pop show this Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection, "Your IT Administrator has Limited Access" .then i again reinstall window still same...
  9. I can't access to virus and threat protection in windows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't access to virus and threat protection in windows security: How can i fix it Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-to-virus-and-threat-protection-in/08fed969-ddae-47da-81aa-76cb0cfbae95
  10. Can't access virus & threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access virus & threat protection: I tried to run a scan recently, but virus & threat protection didn't appear. I used the search bar to get to it & it says that the IT admin won't let me access it, despite this being a home computer & not a part of a network. I did some research on it & I thought it was...