Windows 10: I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard

Discus and support I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am in a bit of a tricky situation where i can't activate my windows after changing the hardware of my computer error code : 0x8007232B we can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ismail Hassaine, May 9, 2020.

1. I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard

I am in a bit of a tricky situation where i can't activate my windows after changing the hardware of my computer

error code : 0x8007232B we can't connect your organization's activation server ...
    error code from"slmgr.vbs /ato" : 0x800705B4 this operation returned because of the timeout period expired

the thing is i did change my motherboard twice the first time nothing went wrong i could activate it with no problem at all but than the motherboard was bad so i had to change it again so soon i guess changing it twice made the server confused about my device id or something i don't know am not a technician anyway as i said the first time went smoothly but this time i couldn't even connect i tried everything please help

:)

Ismail Hassaine, May 9, 2020
  2. Graf Dyon Win User

Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, May 9, 2020
  3. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, May 9, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard

Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, May 9, 2020
Thema:

I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard

1. I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard - Similar Threads - can't activate changing

2. Windows 10 can't activate after change of motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't activate after change of motherboard: I recently changed my motherboard, twice. First time, reactivation of windows 10 worked, second time, it didn't.Activation menu shows code code 0x803FABBA. This code can't be found from microsoft help website.I tried to use troubleshoot -> I changed hardware on this device...
  3. Windows 10 can't activate after change of motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 can't activate after change of motherboard: I recently changed my motherboard, twice. First time, reactivation of windows 10 worked, second time, it didn't.Activation menu shows code code 0x803FABBA. This code can't be found from microsoft help website.I tried to use troubleshoot -> I changed hardware on this device...
  4. Windows 10 can't activate after change of motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I can't activate my windows after changing motherboard

I can't activate my windows after changing motherboard: I haven't been able to activate windows in my pc. Even when I entered the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-windows-after-changing/26c9fbaf-ac02-4d2a-ac85-e9c3c2f93e5b
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 after motherboard change.

Can't activate Windows 10 after motherboard change.: I got Windows 10 Pro 64-bit during the free upgrade and at that time I had a different motherboard, not too long after that I upgraded to an ASUS Z-87 motherboard and I still happened to have the key for activation. During my time having that board I did a few reinstalls...
  7. Can't activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Can't activate Windows 10 after motherboard change: I built out a new computer, but used the SSD with Windows 10 on it from my previous machine. It says that I can't activate because I don't have a valid license, but I can run the troubleshooter and it asks me what device I want to activate Windows on. The machine I'm using...
  8. Can't activate Windows 10 after motherboard change...

Can't activate Windows 10 after motherboard change...: Hi, beyond frustrated at this point. I bought Windows 7 Ultimate Edition digitally years ago. The link I had to access my product key at any time no longer exists. When Windows 10 launched I did the free upgrade at the time to Windows 10 Pro. I have had this problem in the...
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Can't activate Windows 10 after motherboard change: As title says Replaced my motherboard and now I can't activate my copy I'm signed into my Microsoft account automatically on my copy of Windows 10 Home Edition Gone through troubleshoot Clicked "I recently changed hardware on this device" My computer shows up...
  10. Windows 10 will not activate after I changed my motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not activate after I changed my motherboard: Hello, I have changed my motherboard and cpu, and now I have to activate Windows. My original Windows 7 key is long gone and the troubleshooting option is not working (error 0x803F7001) and when I select the "I have changed hardware on this device recently" option, I select...