Windows 10: I can't activate my Windows after change to Windows 10 S mode.

Discus and support I can't activate my Windows after change to Windows 10 S mode. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My brother give me a old PC Compaq Mini CQ10-500SA, and it came with Windows 7 Starter. Because windows 7 didn't have support anymore, I download the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rhemfur, May 22, 2020.

1. rhemfur Win User

I can't activate my Windows after change to Windows 10 S mode.

My brother give me a old PC Compaq Mini CQ10-500SA, and it came with Windows 7 Starter.

Because windows 7 didn't have support anymore, I download the "MediaCreationTool1909.exe" and did the upgrade from Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10, and it was fine activated and everything, but for a Atom N455 processor it was not really good, so I thought, if it was a Windows 7 "STARTER", should have a "Starter" version of Windows 10...

Then I started looking in the internet and read about the Windows 10 S mode, so I did some rechearch and I found a tool to change from my actual Windows 10 to a Windows 10 S mode...

I have download the tool "Windows10SInstaller5932.exe" on this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=853240.

So, I have used this tool, and first it says that I didn´t have RAM enough, so I did buy 2GB RAM and upgraded it, then I did run it again and after a really long time of the installation I got the Windows 10 S, but after a while I realised that it was not activated, so I tried to activate it, and it give me an error 0x0803F7001

Running the throubleshot it's says that's the key on PC is for a Windows 10 Home not for a Windows 10 S...

And I don't think it's fair, The Windows 10 S, should not be a version of Windows 7 Starter for a PC with "weak" or old processos?

Is anything that I can do?

:)

rhemfur, May 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      I can't activate my Windows after change to Windows 10 S mode. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, May 22, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't activate my Windows after change to Windows 10 S mode. - Similar Threads - can't activate change

2. I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard: I am in a bit of a tricky situation where i can't activate my windows after changing the hardware of my computer error code : 0x8007232B we can't connect your organization's activation server ... error code from"slmgr.vbs /ato" : 0x800705B4 this operation returned because...
  3. I can't switch out Windows 10 in S mode

I can't switch out Windows 10 in S mode: Hello Everyone, Please I need support for remove/upgrade the S mode from my Windows home 10. I am following the steps that indicate: Settings > Update & Security > Activation > In the Switch to Windows 10 Home > select Go to the Store. - But after clic Go to the Store...
  4. How can i activate S mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i activate S mode on Windows 10: Hello, do someone know how can i activate S mode on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-s-mode-on-windows-10/42a845fa-e812-498c-8e85-331c8d2afa6f
  5. Activation for Windows 10 S mode

Activation for Windows 10 S mode: Ok so I recently got an evoo 11.6 inch ultra thin laptop that runs windows 10 s. Ever since I got it I've gotten the message saying Activate Windows. When I go to activation settings it says "we can't activate windows on this device right now" and it gives me the error code...
  6. I Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change

I Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Yesterday I changed CPU, motherboard and RAM on my PC. Everything works fine as with the previous hardware but a while after turning on the PC I get the Activate Windows watermark. (At the moment of writing this there is no watermark) NOTE: My system is in Spanish so some...
  7. i can't activate windows after a hardsware change

i can't activate windows after a hardsware change: I can't reactivate windows 10 pro on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-windows-after-a-hardsware-change/41cf5f55-d4d3-4450-ae39-902dd131c51c"
  8. I can't switch of S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't switch of S mode: I keep trying to switch out of S mode. I follow the instructions from Microsoft but when I get the switching out of s mode screen there is no button that says "get". It says learn more and gives info about switching out but no way to actually switch out....
  9. activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware.

activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware.: Hi I'd a laptop with windows 10 pro installed on my ssd drive. Recently I sold this laptop but without my ssd. I've bought a new laptop with pre installed windows 10 home in s mode. What I did: I replaced factory ssd (with windows 10 in s mode) with my ssd where installed...
  10. Windows 10 will not activate after I changed my motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not activate after I changed my motherboard: Hello, I have changed my motherboard and cpu, and now I have to activate Windows. My original Windows 7 key is long gone and the troubleshooting option is not working (error 0x803F7001) and when I select the "I have changed hardware on this device recently" option, I select...