Windows 10: I can't activate my Windows after change to Windows 10 S mode.

Discus and support I can't activate my Windows after change to Windows 10 S mode. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My brother give me a old PC Compaq Mini CQ10-500SA, and it came with Windows 7 Starter. Because windows 7 didn't have support anymore, I download the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rhemfur, May 22, 2020.

1. rhemfur Win User

I can't activate my Windows after change to Windows 10 S mode.

My brother give me a old PC Compaq Mini CQ10-500SA, and it came with Windows 7 Starter.

Because windows 7 didn't have support anymore, I download the "MediaCreationTool1909.exe" and did the upgrade from Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10, and it was fine activated and everything, but for a Atom N455 processor it was not really good, so I thought, if it was a Windows 7 "STARTER", should have a "Starter" version of Windows 10...

Then I started looking in the internet and read about the Windows 10 S mode, so I did some rechearch and I found a tool to change from my actual Windows 10 to a Windows 10 S mode...

I have download the tool "Windows10SInstaller5932.exe" on this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=853240.

So, I have used this tool, and first it says that I didn´t have RAM enough, so I did buy 2GB RAM and upgraded it, then I did run it again and after a really long time of the installation I got the Windows 10 S, but after a while I realised that it was not activated, so I tried to activate it, and it give me an error 0x0803F7001

Running the throubleshot it's says that's the key on PC is for a Windows 10 Home not for a Windows 10 S...

And I don't think it's fair, The Windows 10 S, should not be a version of Windows 7 Starter for a PC with "weak" or old processos?

Is anything that I can do?

:)

rhemfur, May 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      I can't activate my Windows after change to Windows 10 S mode. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, May 22, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't activate my Windows after change to Windows 10 S mode. - Similar Threads - can't activate change

2. Activate Windows/ remove s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows/ remove s mode: I am trying to remove s mode from windows 11 pro so that I can utilise my dell laptop for school. However, I am unable to do this as following message appears: we can't activate Windows on this device as you don't have a valid digital license or product key. Have tried...
  3. I can't activate my windows after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate my windows after changing motherboard: I haven't been able to activate windows in my pc. Even when I entered the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-windows-after-changing/26c9fbaf-ac02-4d2a-ac85-e9c3c2f93e5b
  4. Windows 10 Activation with s mode

Windows 10 Activation with s mode: I have a new laptop from Acer running on Win 10 Home. However it is in s mode. This has made it difficult to locate the product key. Eventually found ShowKeyPlus in the Store to find the key one installed key shown and one product key. However, when I try to load either...
  5. Can't escape Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't escape Windows 10 S mode: Please read whole post before responding. Normal escape from S mode instructions are not working. I found myself in S mode very suddenly while working on my laptop. Very bizarre. So I rebooted multiple times and still in S mode. When through the activation window...
  6. I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard

I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard: I am in a bit of a tricky situation where i can't activate my windows after changing the hardware of my computer error code : 0x8007232B we can't connect your organization's activation server ... error code from"slmgr.vbs /ato" : 0x800705B4 this operation returned because...
  7. How can i activate S mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i activate S mode on Windows 10: Hello, do someone know how can i activate S mode on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-s-mode-on-windows-10/42a845fa-e812-498c-8e85-331c8d2afa6f
  8. Activation for Windows 10 S mode

Activation for Windows 10 S mode: Ok so I recently got an evoo 11.6 inch ultra thin laptop that runs windows 10 s. Ever since I got it I've gotten the message saying Activate Windows. When I go to activation settings it says "we can't activate windows on this device right now" and it gives me the error code...
  9. I Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change

I Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Yesterday I changed CPU, motherboard and RAM on my PC. Everything works fine as with the previous hardware but a while after turning on the PC I get the Activate Windows watermark. (At the moment of writing this there is no watermark) NOTE: My system is in Spanish so some...
  10. activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware.

activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware.: Hi I'd a laptop with windows 10 pro installed on my ssd drive. Recently I sold this laptop but without my ssd. I've bought a new laptop with pre installed windows 10 home in s mode. What I did: I replaced factory ssd (with windows 10 in s mode) with my ssd where installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TP412F cant activate windows s mode

2. cant activate windows 10 s