Windows 10: I cant activate norton.

Discus and support I cant activate norton. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently restored my pc because i was having issues. I had norton installed and working with no problem.When i tried to reinstall norton after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SebaTeran, May 29, 2024.

1. SebaTeran Win User

I cant activate norton.

I recently restored my pc because i was having issues. I had norton installed and working with no problem.When i tried to reinstall norton after the restoration and after i select the “Activate” option to log in. I get an error that says the app cant communicate to the servers and a “code” -6. Ive tried everything. I have reinstalled norton 40 times, i spent 3 hours with norton support and the only thing they did was uninstalling and installing and nothing happened. Idk what to do except from restore the pc again.

:)

SebaTeran, May 29, 2024

2. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, May 29, 2024
  3. Windows 10 and Norton

Hi Mike,

Sorry! The latest version of Norton Security 22.5.2 is compatible with Windows 10. I would suggest installing the latest version of Norton Security using the steps here:
    www.norton.com/install. Sorry, I am not sure of the best way to restore the OS to the previous version. You can try the steps mentioned here: Redirecting.

Thanks!

Dinesh

Norton Support

NortonSupport, May 29, 2024
  4. x509 Win User

I cant activate norton.

alternatives for Norton Utilities and Norton Anti-Track

When I brought in a laptop for a screen repair, I also asked the tech about security. "Is Microsoft Defender good enough?" His reply was that Defender was weak on anti-malware. He recommends the Eset Security suite, because he doesn't like how Norton Security slows down a PC. - - - Updated - - -
    But I need to keep in mind that my original post was about Norton Utilities and Anti-Track, not a replacement for Norton Security. In my previous post I forgot to mention that this tech also like MalwareBytes.

Thema:

I cant activate norton.

1. I cant activate norton. - Similar Threads - cant activate norton

2. I cant activate norton.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant activate norton.: I recently restored my pc because i was having issues. I had norton installed and working with no problem.When i tried to reinstall norton after the restoration and after i select the “Activate” option to log in. I get an error that says the app cant communicate to the...
  3. I cant activate norton.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant activate norton.: I recently restored my pc because i was having issues. I had norton installed and working with no problem.When i tried to reinstall norton after the restoration and after i select the “Activate” option to log in. I get an error that says the app cant communicate to the...
  4. i cant activate windows

i cant activate windows: so when i want to activate windows i get error 0xC004E003 and when i click more info it says "The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed"Have anything to resolve this errorThanks...
  5. I cant activate windows!!!

I cant activate windows!!!: I have had to reinstall windows 11. I cant activate it now. It is linked to my email account. I have been promised someone will call me, nobody has. i have gone through the process more times than i can count....
  6. I cant activate windows!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant activate windows!!!: I have had to reinstall windows 11. I cant activate it now. It is linked to my email account. I have been promised someone will call me, nobody has. i have gone through the process more times than i can count....
  7. I cant activate windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I cant activate windows?: I bought a windows disk a while ago off of amazon, and activated my first pc, since then i changed hardware and have a new pc, I cannot activate it with the current key.....
  8. I cant activate windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant activate windows?: I bought a windows disk a while ago off of amazon, and activated my first pc, since then i changed hardware and have a new pc, I cannot activate it with the current key.....
  9. why cant Norton just say do it or not????

why cant Norton just say do it or not????: why cant Norton sort out this issue and tell us to use it or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-cant-norton-just-say-do-it-or-not/ebe2598c-2113-4a79-8966-55aa35cf2935
  10. activating windows defender without uninstalling norton

activating windows defender without uninstalling norton: Hi, I've had an issue with Norton Security Suite supplied by Comcast ever since upgrading to Windows 10. It's a perpetual popup of the Norton Download Manager whether Norton is installed or not. End up going back to Norton support and though their techs have taken control of...