Windows 10: I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

Discus and support I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by King NC, Mar 2, 2024.

1. King NC Win User

I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have virus & threat protection locked by this error and ABSOLUTELY no antivirus running. I made the mistake of updating windows because of another bug and it worked before. Please help me fix it or uninstall it, I don't need it broken as it is.

:)

King NC, Mar 2, 2024

2. Your IT administrator has limited access

There is no evidence of active malware in your system. A KMS program seems to have been installed and later removed.

Step 1:

• Download FixList.txt
    • Make sure FRST64.exe and FixList.txt are in the same folder.
    • Launch FRST64.exe and click "Fix".
    • Upload the output log file (FixLog.txt) to your OneDrive.
    Step 2:

Please complete the steps listed under the section "Step 2: Repair/Restore the Windows Defender Service" in this article. Note: you need to import the REG file as TrustedInstaller, as described in the article.

Step 3:

Reinstall the Windows Security app using the appx installer file from here.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Your IT administrator has limited access (Cannot open Windows Defender)

The Windows Defender service fails to start even though its settings are fine. Please do the following:

• Save Fixlist.txt in the same folder where FRST64.exe is.
    • Close all program windows.
    • Launch the Farbar Scanner tool and click "Fix".
    • Upload the output log file (FixLog.txt) to your OneDrive.
    Restart Windows and run:

• dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    and

• sfc /scannow
    Restart Windows.

If Defender / Windows Security doesn't work, upgrade to 22H2 using the ISO or MCT. Please see How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide - Microsoft Community. Your apps, settings, and data will be kept by default during the in-place upgrade.

Let me know how it goes.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 2, 2024
  4. kommo008 Win User

I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

Page not available IT Administrator limited access

I can't use any security function with window defender ( ex. scan folder with window defender, scan drive )

and now I want to use the function " controlled folder access " but show Page not available IT Administrator limited access same.

I use private network and my notebook. There is no admin at all. Why IT Administrator limited access me ?

And my window notification to encryption drive. Is this related?

kommo008, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

1. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access... - Similar Threads - can't activate deactivate

2. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...
  3. Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access: I have reset Windows, start with clean HD. Did the basic set up and still get the same message in Windows Defender when trying to access Virus & threat protection,, action recommended. There is no 3rd party antivirus and no school accounts. User account is an Administrator,...
  4. Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access

Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access: I have reset Windows, start with clean HD. Did the basic set up and still get the same message in Windows Defender when trying to access Virus & threat protection,, action recommended. There is no 3rd party antivirus and no school accounts. User account is an Administrator,...
  5. your it administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your it administrator has limited access: this keeps popping up on my screen and I don't know what to do it started popping up after I delete McAfee cause my subscription ended. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-it-administrator-has-limited-access/4b31bcd1-c2e7-4ca4-a6fb-04076bd8f34f
  6. "Your it administrator has limited access"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your it administrator has limited access": hello guys i have as of today not been able to access my virus and threat protection tab , keep getting the it admin error, ive tryed like every single fix i have read . ive merged the regedit , ive entered the commands everyone reccomended into the command prompt ... still...
  7. Your IT administrator has limited access

Your IT administrator has limited access: hey there, I get this problem I read a thread on this problem the thread and I tried everything. I don't have a school or work account signed in, I don't have other antivirus, I tried updating windows, tried deleting the registry files the thread suggested. I tried updating...
  8. Your IT administrator has limited access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your IT administrator has limited access: how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-it-administrator-has-limited-access/0074d126-791a-4936-a845-f84da2449c34
  9. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...
  10. Your IT Administrator has Limited Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your IT Administrator has Limited Access: I have some question regarding this error message. So I want to go to my Virus & Threat Settings to do a full scan, but I was greeted by this message. A little bit of digging, and I saw some solutions about using the gpedit.msc. Turns out that file is gone from my computer....