Windows 10: I can't activate windows 10 pro after a hardware change. I followed all of the perparation...

Discus and support I can't activate windows 10 pro after a hardware change. I followed all of the perparation... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I followed all of the steps outlined here to activate windows 10 with a digital license after a hardware change:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Koekkoek_96, Sep 14, 2019.

1. I can't activate windows 10 pro after a hardware change. I followed all of the perparation...

I followed all of the steps outlined here to activate windows 10 with a digital license after a hardware change:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

I can confirm with 100% certainty that:

On my previous device I had: "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account",

I am trying to activate the correct version of windows 10 (pro). I can even confirm this by looking at my devices in my windows account. This lists both my previous and current device. Both have windows 10 pro

I am connected to the same windows account on this PC that I was connected to on my previous PC,

What I am running into is the last step in the activation post linked above. Specifically:

5. From the list of devices that are linked to your Microsoft account, select the check box next to This is the device I’m using right now.

It only finds my old device and not my current one. Like I said, both my accounts are linked to my Microsoft account and I am signed into my Microsoft account on this PC.

Please help me as I don't want to buy windows again and don't want to use this PC without windows being activated.

Edit: I thought this might prove useful to know. The error message it gives me is:

windows reported that no product key was found on your device. error code: 0xc004f213 (translated from Dutch)

I've tried to just activate Windows 10 pro on the device the troubleshooter can find (my old device) thinking it might shake something loose, but it just says that I can't activate windows on this device. Which makes sense as the device I selected is not my current device. I don't know, maybe this is info is useful?

:)

Koekkoek_96, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Kolby65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Sep 14, 2019
  3. JT1969C10 Win User
    Activating WIndows 10 after hardware change.

Before replacing my hardware on my main computer, I logged into my Microsoft Windows account. Once logged in, I saw that the name of the PC that I was upgrading was in my list of PCs that were activated for Windows 10 Pro. So after reviewing how to reactivate
    after a HW changed, I went ahead and upgraded the motherboard, CPU and memory in that PC.

Now, when it is time to reactivate, the PC in question is still listed in the hardware list on my MS account but it will not allow me to activate Windows. I followed the instructions online and ran the troubleshooting tool. It then gave me the following
    response:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the
    Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

See other devices linked to your Microsoft account

So why would it not find the license that was for this PC when it had the old hardware installed? My assumption, albeit may wrong, was that the PC was activated because it was in the list. It was also activated as a Windows 10 Pro edition.

Anyone have any suggestions on this type of issue?

JT1969C10, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

I can't activate windows 10 pro after a hardware change. I followed all of the perparation...

Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically it should not activate if its a upgrade from an OEM license. But if you follow the phone automated number sequence hopefully it will work.

Windows 10 is tied to your hardware and you cannot upgrade a motherboard on an OEM license. (but it works with the phone activation) you can only replace the board with an identical board.

Jetster, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

I can't activate windows 10 pro after a hardware change. I followed all of the perparation...

1. I can't activate windows 10 pro after a hardware change. I followed all of the perparation... - Similar Threads - can't activate pro

2. Why am I unable to activate Windows 11 after a hardware change despite following all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I unable to activate Windows 11 after a hardware change despite following all the...: Good day everyoneTo provide a short timeline, I upgraded to windows 10 for free using my Windows 7 product key when Windows 10 released, which is a few years back. In 2020, i did my first hardware motherboard and CPU change in 2020 and was able to reactivate Windows 10...
  3. Why am I unable to activate Windows 11 after a hardware change despite following all the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I unable to activate Windows 11 after a hardware change despite following all the...: Good day everyoneTo provide a short timeline, I upgraded to windows 10 for free using my Windows 7 product key when Windows 10 released, which is a few years back. In 2020, i did my first hardware motherboard and CPU change in 2020 and was able to reactivate Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change: Hi thereMy motherboard/cpu died and I have installed a new motherboard and cpu, everything else is the same.I have the message now that Windows is not activated. Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211I have tried the Troubleshoot...
  5. Activating Windows 10 Pro after Hardware change

Activating Windows 10 Pro after Hardware change: I have a Windows 10 Pro non-OEM which I originally purchased as XP Pro, then paid to upgrade to Windows 8 and took the upgrade route to Windows 10. The last time I upgraded the hardware 5 years ago I had no problems re-activating. I have just upgraded my Motherboard and...
  6. After hardware change I can't able to activate Windows

After hardware change I can't able to activate Windows: I had upgraded my PC to Windows 10 Pro from Windows7 (product key) way back. It was working properly. Yesterday I have changed my MB, HDD etc.. After that I failed to activate windows10 Pro. I have done clean installation with USB media version 1903. Please help...
  7. I Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change

I Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Yesterday I changed CPU, motherboard and RAM on my PC. Everything works fine as with the previous hardware but a while after turning on the PC I get the Activate Windows watermark. (At the moment of writing this there is no watermark) NOTE: My system is in Spanish so some...
  8. Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.

Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.: I cant activate windows after I switched my motherboard. I ran the troubleshooter here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MVjNHYYhTE Also this picture is taken from https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ should I remove my old pc from my devices?[ATTACH]...
  9. Activation following hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation following hardware change.: I changed the motherboard in one of my desktops and am having hangups with re-activation. The original install was confirmed as digitally activated prior to MB changeout. A problem was encountered following changeout in that the SSD containing the original Win 10...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Recently upgraded my home PC after a motherboard failure; it was older, so this includes a processor upgrade as well. After getting it operational again, I was plagued by the "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right corner of the screen. Following the standard...