Windows 10: I can't activate Windows Defender

Discus and support I can't activate Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I ran into a problem not long ago that I can't seem to activate my Windows Defender. I'll show some screenshots so you're able to understand... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by José Pedro Simões, Sep 22, 2018.

1. I can't activate Windows Defender

Hello,

I ran into a problem not long ago that I can't seem to activate my Windows Defender.

I'll show some screenshots so you're able to understand better the situation.

The highlighted red area is telling me that Windows Defender is inactive:

I can't activate Windows Defender 42de09f2-291e-4b17-acdd-2163687a6cda?upload=true.jpg

I click the box saying "Ativar agora" (Activate now) and it sends me to the Windows Defender Center.

The problem is that my Windows Defender main screen looks empty and any attempts to interact with it fail:

I can't activate Windows Defender 5373d279-6b44-48a5-8d16-74dda2769a45?upload=true.jpg

I'm hoping you can provide some help.

Best regards.

:)

José Pedro Simões, Sep 22, 2018

2. Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Sep 23, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Le Boule Win User

I can't activate Windows Defender

problem in activating windows defender.

The behavior you are describing is typical if there are remnants of a third party program installed.

Run the McAfee Removal Tool again and reboot the computer…

If that doesn’t fix it see the following:

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender
    listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    ?

Le Boule, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

I can't activate Windows Defender

1. I can't activate Windows Defender - Similar Threads - can't activate Defender

2. I can't activate my windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate my windows defender: i've already done scanning the problem with FRST64.here's the link to FRST.txt, Addition.txt ,and defender.txthttps://1drv.ms/f/s!AiQkR6E8V-8EhBbvc-yv5k6yxSNw?e=g14WkO...
  3. I can't activate my windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't activate my windows defender: i've already done scanning the problem with FRST64.here's the link to FRST.txt, Addition.txt ,and defender.txthttps://1drv.ms/f/s!AiQkR6E8V-8EhBbvc-yv5k6yxSNw?e=g14WkO...
  4. I can't activate my windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't activate Windows Defender Firewall and can't run Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows Defender Firewall and can't run Windows Security: Hello!I believe my laptop has got some sort of virus and I am not sure what to do.Microsoft Photos wasn't working and I tried to update it but got an error with Code: 0x80073D0A. After looking it up, I found that this might be related to security so I tried opening Windows...
  6. Can't activate Windows Defender Firewall and can't run Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows Defender Firewall and can't run Windows Security: Hello!I believe my laptop has got some sort of virus and I am not sure what to do.Microsoft Photos wasn't working and I tried to update it but got an error with Code: 0x80073D0A. After looking it up, I found that this might be related to security so I tried opening Windows...
  7. Can't activate Windows Defender Firewall and can't run Windows Security

8. Can't activate Windows Defender, no "Activate button"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't activate Windows Defender, no "Activate button": This is what im met with, say's that It's not active, but Im pretty sure there should be an "Activate" button there? And when i try to Start windows defender from Services I'm met with Error: 577 Do you guys have any idea what i could do? or is there any other virus...
  9. Windows Defender Deacticated and can't activate

Windows Defender Deacticated and can't activate: My laptop has Windows Defender missing. I tried all solutions listed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problems-starting-windows-defender-in-windows/808253bb-db89-4db9-a4e5-1c91a86489e9?auth=1 . Last time this problem occured, I installed Win 10 on...
  10. Can't activate Windows Defender. Windows 10 Home

Can't activate Windows Defender. Windows 10 Home: This problem is getting on my nerves, and I am also afraid that I might be infected with something on my PC. So, I cannot turn on Real Time Protection, so basically I don't have any form of protection overall, I cannot perform any scan, and when I click ''Protection History,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender activation windows 10

2. can activate windows security

3. MICOSOFT DEFENDER ACTIVATION

4. cant get windows defender activated,
  5. win defender activation,
  6. windows defender cant start real time,
  7. windows defender cannot activate,
  8. cant activate my windows defender