Windows 10: I can't activate windows. I changed hardware on my device.

Discus and support I can't activate windows. I changed hardware on my device. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two laptops: Dell with Windows 10 Home Fujitsu with Windows 10 Pro I replaced HDD in Dell with SSD in Fujitsu. After booting Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ObsessedCoot732, Dec 9, 2019.

1. I can't activate windows. I changed hardware on my device.

I have two laptops:

1. Dell with Windows 10 Home
    2. Fujitsu with Windows 10 Pro

I replaced HDD in Dell with SSD in Fujitsu.

After booting Dell there is a grey text at the bottom right corner “Activate Windows”.

When I click on “Troubleshoot“ and then “I changed hardware on this device recently”. New window pops up with a text “Unable to activate Windows – We can’t reactivate Windows as our servers aren’t available…”

I am logged in as the administrator with my ms account..

:)

ObsessedCoot732, Dec 9, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Smitty3PM Win User

I can't activate windows. I changed hardware on my device.

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

Smitty3PM, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

I can't activate windows. I changed hardware on my device.

1. I can't activate windows. I changed hardware on my device. - Similar Threads - can't activate changed

2. I changed the drive and I can't activate Windows when I try to activate my device is not in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the drive and I can't activate Windows when I try to activate my device is not in...: I changed the drive and I can't activate Windows when I try to activate my device is not in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-drive-and-i-cant-activate-windows/f813fd22-4046-401b-96de-d2dbbbe0a9d4
  3. I changed the drive and I can't activate Windows when I try to activate my device is not in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the drive and I can't activate Windows when I try to activate my device is not in...: I changed the drive and I can't activate Windows when I try to activate my device is not in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-drive-and-i-cant-activate-windows/f813fd22-4046-401b-96de-d2dbbbe0a9d4
  4. Hardware change, can't activate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware change, can't activate Windows: Hardware change, can't activate Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-change-cant-activate-windows/7392d83f-8d32-4cfe-bb6e-54a0642cb88e
  5. Hardware change, can't activate Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware change, can't activate Windows: Hardware change, can't activate Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-change-cant-activate-windows/7392d83f-8d32-4cfe-bb6e-54a0642cb88e
  6. Hardware change, can't activate Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. change of hardware can't activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change of hardware can't activate windows: Hey I recently upgraded my computer so now I can't activate my windows, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-hardware-cant-activate-windows/d6b68ebc-3432-4d48-b100-d0367bddc93f
  8. Changed hardware and can't activate my windows 10

Changed hardware and can't activate my windows 10: Hi, I've changed most of hardware of my computer, wiped everything and reinstalled windows. But now i'm not able to activate it. I have an online license, not a product key. I went to Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Troubleshoot > Recently changed hardware,...
  9. After hardware change I can't able to activate Windows

After hardware change I can't able to activate Windows: I had upgraded my PC to Windows 10 Pro from Windows7 (product key) way back. It was working properly. Yesterday I have changed my MB, HDD etc.. After that I failed to activate windows10 Pro. I have done clean installation with USB media version 1903. Please help...
  10. I Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change

I Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Yesterday I changed CPU, motherboard and RAM on my PC. Everything works fine as with the previous hardware but a while after turning on the PC I get the Activate Windows watermark. (At the moment of writing this there is no watermark) NOTE: My system is in Spanish so some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we cant reactivate windows on this device