Windows 10: I can't add a printer to my window 10 PC

Discus and support I can't add a printer to my window 10 PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was having constant trouble using my printer. It would not come off the offline. There were too many printers added so I took out all of them ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shajee_786, Jul 2, 2020.

1. I can't add a printer to my window 10 PC

I was having constant trouble using my printer. It would not come off the offline. There were too many printers added so I took out all of them , thinking if I added my only printer I should be able to solve my problem. Now I cannot add printer back on . It is not detecting . I do see it being shown as connected to Bluetooth. I have been having "printer offline" issue since the new update for window 10 which I up loaded last week.

Can some resolve my issue. I am desperate to get my printer connected to my window 10 PC.

Thank you very much.

Syed Hussain

:)

Shajee_786, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Boatvan Win User

Windows 10 GPO Printer Add issues

A total shot in the dark since this is a very specific issue to our environment, but here it goes...

A little background on this issue, my school district is moving to windows 10. We partially deployed Windows 10 LTSB to some of the labs in the district. We are seeing sporadic issues with our Group Policies deploying printers. We have below 50% success rate with printers actually installing on the Windows 10 client machines.

Thinking it was an issue with LTSB, we downloaded and installed Windows 10 Education version 1709 on a test VM and joined it to the domain. I then applied GPO’s from 4 different servers. 3 Physical Server 2012 R2 servers and the original problem Server 2012 R2 VM Server.

What I found was the same inconsistency after rebooting the Win 10 Edu Test VM. I am getting the same Event 513. See below:

I can't add a printer to my window 10 PC print.png

I am 100% sure the naming is right because I can manually add the same printer using the \\SERVER\FerLib path. All printers that fail to add have the Event 513. I am also going to post this on other forums.

We are only seeing this on student accounts which are domain guest accounts, meaning their profiles are non-permanent. We do not have the option to turn them into regular users per district policy. If you need more info that I omitted please let me know. We are getting desperate.

Thanks!

Boatvan, Jul 2, 2020
  3. I can't find my printer in Windows 10 and it won't print either

been there , donethatad imnfinitum

jamesfortenberry, Jul 2, 2020
  4. I can't add a printer to my window 10 PC

I can't find my printer in Windows 10 and it won't print either

Hi Shiela,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Have you already install and added Printer on your PC?
    • Is your printer connected with wired connection or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the below given link to add the Printer to Windows 10 device and check if it answers your question.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/connect-a-printer

If you have any other issue with printing, I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

I can't add a printer to my window 10 PC

1. I can't add a printer to my window 10 PC - Similar Threads - can't add printer

2. I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....: I am trying to reinstall my printer but the printer is not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-my-printer-is/52acc357-df56-456f-9b2f-55c6f05d1381
  3. I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....: I am trying to reinstall my printer but the printer is not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-my-printer-is/52acc357-df56-456f-9b2f-55c6f05d1381
  4. Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.: Can't find my printer and not even add a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer-and-not-even-add-a-printer/92eca057-8af2-4b2e-9d6d-d3d24e91036f
  5. Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.: Can't find my printer and not even add a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer-and-not-even-add-a-printer/92eca057-8af2-4b2e-9d6d-d3d24e91036f
  6. Windows can't open Add Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows can't open Add Printer: Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine. It's about a Windows 10 Pro / x86 system. I've already installed many network printers that used to work perfect. But a few days ago I lost my...
  7. Can't add printer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add printer: I was having issues with my printer (Epson ET-2750 if that's relevant) so I uninstalled it and went to add it again. I tried two methods: Settings > Devices > Printer & Scanners > "Add a printer or scanner", and Control Panel > Devices and Printers > "Add a printer" (I also...
  8. Windows 10 adds my printer

Windows 10 adds my printer: Hi. I'm proud owner of a PC with Windows 10 (yaj) and a networked brother hl 3040ch printer. The problem is that windows keeps on adding a printer called Brother HL-3040CN Series Printer which has far less options. Instead I had installed Brother HL-3040CN series. I can...
  9. Windows can't open add printer.

Windows can't open add printer.: I have a customer running Windows 10 Pro where I was unable to add a printer. I updated his system to version 1903. It did not help. If I open Printers and scanners there are units in the list that do not work. When I click Add a printer or scanner. Nothing shows in the...
  10. can't add printer

can't add printer: When I click add a printer the screen blinks and looks like a new window is going to open, but doesn't. Sometimes it also will automatically close the settings window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-printer/4f7bbd01-4806-466f-9297-753645ff9b48