Windows 10: I can’t add child to family

Discus and support I can’t add child to family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I’m trying to add my child to our Microsoft family. But the case is he is already a part of a family. But he is in it alone, and can’t change settings,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DaneJohn, Mar 19, 2022.

1. DaneJohn Win User

I can’t add child to family

I’m trying to add my child to our Microsoft family. But the case is he is already a part of a family. But he is in it alone, and can’t change settings, because he is a kid. So we can’t remove him from his family or add me there. And I can’t add him to our family because he is in a family already. What to do?

:)

DaneJohn, Mar 19, 2022

2. Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 19, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 19, 2022
  4. I can’t add child to family

Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

I can’t add child to family 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Mar 19, 2022
Thema:

I can’t add child to family

1. I can’t add child to family - Similar Threads - can’t add child

2. I can't add child to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add child to family account: I can't add my child to my family.I'm getting an error:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: Xy0jqq/9rkCpStiq.70.176I created issue on support.microsoft.com with personal details. Issue num is 7029886390....
  3. I can't add child to family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't add child to family account: I can't add my child to my family.I'm getting an error:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: Xy0jqq/9rkCpStiq.70.176I created issue on support.microsoft.com with personal details. Issue num is 7029886390....
  4. Can not add childs account to family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not add childs account to family: Hello,I already contacted support but was redirected here. I can not add my child's account to family. After giving adult consent I get an error message in my language saying "something is not working, the problem is on our end, not on yours". I tried different devices and...
  5. Can not add childs account to family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not add childs account to family: Hello,I already contacted support but was redirected here. I can not add my child's account to family. After giving adult consent I get an error message in my language saying "something is not working, the problem is on our end, not on yours". I tried different devices and...
  6. Can not add childs account to family

7. I cant add my child in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant add my child in family safety: HelloAfter contacting Microsoft support in April 2022, because I was unable to add my child's account to my family safety groupAnd my child cannot access his account, because each time he tried to access it, the site asked for parental authorization And each time we proceed...
  8. I cant add my child in family safety

I cant add my child in family safety: HelloAfter contacting Microsoft support in April 2022, because I was unable to add my child's account to my family safety groupAnd my child cannot access his account, because each time he tried to access it, the site asked for parental authorization And each time we proceed...
  9. I can’t add child to family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t add child to family: I’m trying to add my child to our Microsoft family. But the case is he is already a part of a family. But he is in it alone, and can’t change settings, because he is a kid. So we can’t remove him from his family or add me there. And I can’t add him to our family because he is...
  10. I can’t add child to family

I can’t add child to family: I’m trying to add my child to our Microsoft family. But the case is he is already a part of a family. But he is in it alone, and can’t change settings, because he is a kid. So we can’t remove him from his family or add me there. And I can’t add him to our family because he is...