Windows 10: I can't add family member to my account

Discus and support I can't add family member to my account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Dear Sir :I can't add any family member to my account for 10 days I keep trying but usless *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mohamed wahid1, Mar 1, 2023.

1. I can't add family member to my account

Dear Sir :I can't add any family member to my account for 10 days I keep trying but usless *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

mohamed wahid1, Mar 1, 2023

2. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Mar 1, 2023
  3. gamoses Win User
    broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Mar 1, 2023
  4. I can't add family member to my account

Family members user accounts

For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating a test user account and the photos app works fine if a new account gets created. So I was thinking of deleting both their MS user accounts on my PC and creating them again.

But do I need to remove them as family members also via my outlook website login family tab before I recreate their user accounts again, they are both listed as family members on there and are associated with the PC name. Or can I just delete their user accounts and re-add them as family members on my PC without these shenanigans. It would save time as when you create a family member normally you have to then get them to login to their email and accept etc.

thanks, wayne

Scottyboy99, Mar 1, 2023
Thema:

I can't add family member to my account

1. I can't add family member to my account - Similar Threads - can't add family

2. I can't add family member to my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't add family member to my account: Dear Sir :I can't add any family member to my account for 10 days I keep trying but usless *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-family-member-to-my-account/f16d11e4-e3b2-4aea-a11d-053b6348538e
  3. I can't add family member to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add family member to my account: Dear Sir :I can't add any family member to my account for 10 days I keep trying but usless *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-family-member-to-my-account/f16d11e4-e3b2-4aea-a11d-053b6348538e
  4. I can't add family member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add family member: I have had an issue adding a family member. When I attempted to add, it goes to be a local user instead, and I got an error message "Try again later" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-family-member/82ef2eed-73fb-438a-8c23-a21975de0b25
  5. I can't add family member

I can't add family member: I have had an issue adding a family member. When I attempted to add, it goes to be a local user instead, and I got an error message "Try again later" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-family-member/82ef2eed-73fb-438a-8c23-a21975de0b25
  6. I can't add a member to my family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't add a member to my family safety: Hello,I created and used a family group. But my son leaved himself my family group. Now, I want to add him again, but I get the message: "There 's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."I have tried this...
  7. I can't add a member to my family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add a member to my family safety: Hello,I created and used a family group. But my son leaved himself my family group. Now, I want to add him again, but I get the message: "There 's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."I have tried this...
  8. I can't add a member to my family safety

9. Can't add a family member

Can't add a family member: When I click 'Add a family member' it just says 'Something went wrong, try again or select cancel to set up your device later.' I've updated the OS & restarted several times and it just keeps doing the same thing. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help....
  10. Can't add a family member.

Can't add a family member.: Hello, I am trying to add a member to my family, but I got a message saying "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later". Can anyone fix this please....