Windows 10: I can't add gmail account to people app //win10

Discus and support I can't add gmail account to people app //win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi after i trying to add a gmail account in people app , the sign in windows coming for 1 sec and after that an error with white windows will apear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alireza Khezree, Nov 28, 2020.

1. I can't add gmail account to people app //win10

hi
    after i trying to add a gmail account in people app , the sign in windows coming for 1 sec and after that an error with white windows will apear ::we can't connect to the servise tou need right niw . check your network connection or try this again later .
    i have win 10 pro version 20H2 // build : 19042.630

:)

Alireza Khezree, Nov 28, 2020

2. How do I sync the contacts in the people app with my Gmail?

Hi Rich,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Follow the below steps and check if you are able to link the Gmail account to the People app.

• Open the Start menu, type People in the search bar and click on People app from the search bar results to open the People app.
    • Click on see more ((…) symbol) at the left navigation pane on the People app.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Add account.
    • Click on Google and proceed with the onscreen instructions to add the Gmail account to the People app.
    Once the Gmail account is added to the People app, the Gmail account will be linked to the People app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 28, 2020
  4. I can't add gmail account to people app //win10

Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

Please confirm that when you are adding your Gmail account you are using your Gmail password.

While you user name for Gmail and your Microsoft account maybe the same they should each have their own password.

If you are indeed entering your Gmail password and it still doesn't work confirm that the password is correct by logging in to Gmail account through a browser. Assuming it works you have two possible next steps.

Create an app password for your Gmail account and use that in the Windows apps or allow gmail to be used by less secure apps.

Less secure apps & your Google Account - Google Account Help

Caledon Ken, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

I can't add gmail account to people app //win10

1. I can't add gmail account to people app //win10 - Similar Threads - can't add gmail

2. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  3. Can't add account to Win10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add account to Win10 mail app: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 with all updates to version 10.0.19042 build 19042. When I try to add my email account using POP3/IMAP option it gives error code 0x8007139f. I tried setting up the servers in the advanced menu to imap.virginmedia.com incoming and...
  4. I can't add my Gmail account to windows 10 Mail app.

I can't add my Gmail account to windows 10 Mail app.: Hi, I have been trying to add my Gmail account to the mail app but had done that always getting the same error since the windows reset. the error says: Something went wrong We couldn't find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490 [ATTACH]...
  5. Can't Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2019: Whenever I try adding my gmail account to Outlook, it keeps looping and asking me to enter my email/phone number again and again. I changed the password on my gmail account and Outlook wouldn't receive my emails. It asked me to reenter the password, but then it sent me into...
  6. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  7. Can't add new account to Contacts people

Can't add new account to Contacts people: Hi, I am trying to add a new account to People/Contacts but I keep getting an error message 0x80004005. It's an pop/imap account. Can someone help me please. cheers,...
  8. can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home

can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home: Dear I have bought new Huawei Mate Book. I have add one of my account on gmail to mail app, but after sync it has not upload any of my old emails. And after I tried to add other gmail account, after inset the password the error 0x0000008b appeared and I cannot continues. I...
  9. Can't add gmail to mail app

Can't add gmail to mail app: I can't add gmail to mail app. Here's the error: [ATTACH] Additionally, I think the "check for updates" in windows update is not able to detect new feature updates. It is a guess. I feel I used to use a newer version of windows 10 before doing "reset PC"....
  10. Can't add Gmail Account in any App in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add Gmail Account in any App in Windows 10!: I'm not able to sign in with my Gmail account in any app! Every time I try to do this, I get "Something went wrong! error code 0x8000000b". And if I manually add Gmail through 'Advanced Options', it adds the account but then I continuously get messages saying "Your Google...