Windows 10: I can't add the Japanese romaji keyboard to my computer.

Discus and support I can't add the Japanese romaji keyboard to my computer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I add the Japanese keyboard? I have been trying to add the Japanese romaji keyboard for a few does and failed to do so. My current situation:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeanneLC, Nov 1, 2019.

1. LeanneLC Win User

I can't add the Japanese romaji keyboard to my computer.

How can I add the Japanese keyboard? I have been trying to add the Japanese romaji keyboard for a few does and failed to do so.

My current situation:

• Japanese Language Pack installed
      • Basic typing error code 0x80070002
      • Handwriting error code 0x80070002
      • Speech error code 0x80070002
      • Keyboards - only Microsoft IME input method editor
    • Control Panel - Clock & Region
      • Shows no keyboard language tab to add a language

:)

LeanneLC, Nov 1, 2019

2. Japanese keyboard broken

I changed my input method to romaji not kana but it doesn't seem to work

also very occasionally the romaji keyboard will work but after a while it breaks again

I tried rebooting the computer resetting the japanese keyboard but it doesn't seem to work...

I'd like to know how to uninstall the language package and reinstall it..

THANKs

somehowasian, Nov 1, 2019
  3. How to change the typing method in Japanese from Kana to Romaji?

I installed the Japanese language pack though not be able to type in Japanese. I need to type as Romaji method and that is not working either....Thank you for your help.

YukikoMoriya, Nov 1, 2019
  4. I can't add the Japanese romaji keyboard to my computer.

Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

I can't add the Japanese romaji keyboard to my computer.

1. I can't add the Japanese romaji keyboard to my computer. - Similar Threads - can't add Japanese

2. Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji: I want to open up again this discussion from 2014 Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Community and this one from 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-hiragana-as-default/e29ff0c4-7f42-4ec8-9bb3-cdf3a8f1c0f210 years later,...
  3. Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji: I want to open up again this discussion from 2014 Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Community and this one from 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-hiragana-as-default/e29ff0c4-7f42-4ec8-9bb3-cdf3a8f1c0f210 years later,...
  4. Can't change keyboard layout to japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change keyboard layout to japanese: Hello,I have a problem switching my keyboard layout from French main language of my PC to Japanese. When I try to switch by directly clicking in the taskbar or using keyboard shortcuts, the language does not change at all and stays on French.Important notes: - I have recently...
  5. My Japanese input no longer works for Romaji input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Japanese input no longer works for Romaji input.: When I convert the language to Japanese and start typing, it no longer recognize the Roman input = alphabets. This used to automatically generate Japanese characters suggestions which I could choose. Eg. Until December, 2022, if I type Konnichiwa Hello in Eng -> it would...
  6. My Japanese input no longer works for Romaji input.

My Japanese input no longer works for Romaji input.: When I convert the language to Japanese and start typing, it no longer recognize the Roman input = alphabets. This used to automatically generate Japanese characters suggestions which I could choose. Eg. Until December, 2022, if I type Konnichiwa Hello in Eng -> it would...
  7. Japanese IME switches to permanent Romaji when in-game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME switches to permanent Romaji when in-game: Hi. I've been having this problem of using the Japanese IME in an online game I'm playing. I do click on the IME on the taskbar to switch from alphanumeric to kana when I need to use either one. I can type romaji then the IME will convert it to kana anywhere I can use it, but...
  8. Japanese IME switches to permanent Romaji when in-game

Japanese IME switches to permanent Romaji when in-game: Hi. I've been having this problem of using the Japanese IME in an online game I'm playing. I do click on the IME on the taskbar to switch from alphanumeric to kana when I need to use either one. I can type romaji then the IME will convert it to kana anywhere I can use it, but...
  9. Can't Add Japanese Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Add Japanese Keyboard?: I have a Windows 10 phone. I'm trying to learn Japanese and for that I need a keyboard. I went and tried to install it, and this being Windows, of course it wouldn't be simple. For some reason the Japanese keyboard is grayed out and stays on 'pending' and then gives me...
  10. Can't add japanese keyboard after October's update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't add japanese keyboard after October's update: I already installed the japanese language package from the microsoft store, so I select the japanese keyboard IME and whenever I try to choose hiragana it doesn't do anything....