Windows 10: I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group

Discus and support I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Office 2016. Key is Excel.Sheet.12, inside ShellNew, inside string value named FileName, value is excel12,xlsx. But i don't see excel in context... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tedomedo, Dec 2, 2021.

1. tedomedo Win User

I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group

I have Office 2016. Key is Excel.Sheet.12, inside ShellNew, inside string value named FileName, value is excel12,xlsx. But i don't see excel in context menu > new. Word in ShellNew has NullFile. i tried that for .xlsx too but no effect. On https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-excel-to-the-new-context-menu-in-my/8a388f7f-76d7-4807-82ff-d69cb929d2e7 is a way to add Excel file in context menu but outside New group that's why i don't want to use this way. Excel is already default program to open .xlsx file type.

:)

tedomedo, Dec 2, 2021

2. Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group :(

ArmoredCavalry, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group :)

Necrofire, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

1. I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group - Similar Threads - can't add xlsx

2. I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group: I have Office 2016. Key is Excel.Sheet.12, inside ShellNew, inside string value named FileName, value is excel12,xlsx. But i don't see excel in context menu > new. Word in ShellNew has NullFile. i tried that for .xlsx too but no effect. On...
  3. I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't add .xlsx in context menu in New group: I have Office 2016. Key is Excel.Sheet.12, inside ShellNew, inside string value named FileName, value is excel12,xlsx. But i don't see excel in context menu > new. Word in ShellNew has NullFile. i tried that for .xlsx too but no effect. On...
  4. Context Menu: Can I add browsers to it?

in Browsers and Email
    Context Menu: Can I add browsers to it?: I've been having one or two problems with Firefox lately, and to be honest Edge and IE 11, and may want to add Chrome.. What I need is a context menu addition for Desktop URL's that launches them into a choice of browser. At the moment I can only launch into (For the...
  5. How do I add new .java file to context new menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add new .java file to context new menu?: Hello, I want create a new blank java source code file from the context menu when I right click in a folder and select new. I have tried adding a registry edit with the following code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.java\ShellNew]...
  6. Add Registry File to New Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Registry File to New Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Registry File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information .Reg files are registration entries that are text-based human-readable files for exporting and importing portions of the Registry. The New context menu allows users to quickly create new...
  7. Add Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Windows Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 A .bat file is a batch file that consists of a series of commands to be executed by the command line interpreter, stored in a plain text file....
  8. Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove the New context menu in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create new files, folders, or shortcuts in the current location. You can right click or press and hold on your...
  9. Add Briefcase to New Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Briefcase to New Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Briefcase to New Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The New context menu allows users to quickly create a new item in the current location. The default New context menu items include to create a new Library, Folder, Shortcut, Bitmap image,...
  10. Add VBScript File to New Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add VBScript File to New Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add VBScript File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A .vbs file is a VBScript (Visual Basic Script) file written in the VBScript scripting language that can be executed within Windows or Internet Explorer via the Windows-based script host...