Windows 10: I cant adjust my brightness

Discus and support I cant adjust my brightness in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I go into settings and adjust the brightness settings it does nothing, when I use my laptop key to adjust the brightness it still doesnt work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FutureIsmo, Sep 29, 2022.

1. I cant adjust my brightness

When I go into settings and adjust the brightness settings it does nothing, when I use my laptop key to adjust the brightness it still doesnt work and for some reason the brightness icon is missing.

:)

FutureIsmo, Sep 29, 2022

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 29, 2022
  4. I cant adjust my brightness

Shawn Brink, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

I cant adjust my brightness

1. I cant adjust my brightness - Similar Threads - cant adjust brightness

2. I cant adjust my brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant adjust my brightness: When I go into settings and adjust the brightness settings it does nothing, when I use my laptop key to adjust the brightness it still doesnt work and for some reason the brightness icon is missing....
  3. I cant adjust my brightness nor can do anything with my brightness level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant adjust my brightness nor can do anything with my brightness level: i cant adjust my brightness it stays nor my buttons works please help me to solve it even though I have update driver it doesn't works help ASAP...
  4. adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  5. Brightness adjuster not there

Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  6. My brightness will not adjust

My brightness will not adjust: I am up to date on my updates and my brightness will not go up or down. Either using the buttons on the keyboard or manually through settings. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-will-not-adjust/8772de83-b762-431c-accc-02d8d03e206a
  7. I cant adjust my brightness

I cant adjust my brightness: My laptop was running slow, so I decided to reset my laptop. After that, my laptop worked faster. But when I tried to adjust the screen brightness, it won't work. The screen is too bright. I've watched many youtube videos and still couldn't fix it....
  8. cant adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant adjust the brightness: help I cant adjust the brightness of my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-adjust-the-brightness/edc5aa74-2e7a-408b-9c42-4171a414391a
  9. Windows 10 - Cant adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Cant adjust brightness: I recently purchased an hp pavilion desktop + 24" monitor combo. Its running windows 10. When I first boot it up, I looked for updates. There were 8 updates. I updated everything. Both before and after updating, there was no option to change the brightness. I spent a while...
  10. Cant adjust pc Brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant adjust pc Brightness: My notebook stopped working the hotkeys FN F8 FN 9 to increase/decrease brightness . When i go to windows settings > color calibration, it displays that pop up: I already deleted and reinstalled my graphics drivers, but don't solved the problem; [img] 75374