Windows 10: I can't assign a drive letter to an Audio Player connected via USB. The Audio player shows...

Discus and support I can't assign a drive letter to an Audio Player connected via USB. The Audio player shows... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a portable audio device an Astell & Kern SR25 connected to a USB port on my Windows 10 PC. The Audio Player shows up on the My PC screen and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bsprice1003, May 22, 2023.

1. I can't assign a drive letter to an Audio Player connected via USB. The Audio player shows...

I have a portable audio device an Astell & Kern SR25 connected to a USB port on my Windows 10 PC. The Audio Player shows up on the My PC screen and I can access it with Windows Explorer but a drive letter is not assigned. I want to access the Audio Player with VBA code but I need the Player to have an assigned drive letter to do that. I have tried a lot of was to map the Audio Player to a drive letter but I have not had any success. I hope somebody can tell me how to get a drive letter assigned to the Audio Device.Thank you,Bob Price

:)

bsprice1003, May 22, 2023
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, May 22, 2023
  3. help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

maybe your USB drive is trying to assign a drive letter that is already taken.

goto

start > control panel > administrative tools > computer manager > disk manager

find your USB drive and assign is a drive letter

cjoyce1980, May 22, 2023
  4. I can't assign a drive letter to an Audio Player connected via USB. The Audio player shows...

No audio when connecting dvd player to pc

Thanks for replying...
    Sorted !...did what you suggested..i disconnected my dvd player ...reconnected my pc monitor...reconnected dvd player RCA L/R audio lead and went into Realteck audio manager setting and clicked the 'line input' jack...heard dvd sound..reconnected dvd player to pc monitor..everything is working fine.

I still have to use the RCA audio lead to get audio not just HDMI lead...Now i can watch Skyfall in better quality than my small bedroom tv.

Problem solved.

Have a nice night.

treblefree, May 22, 2023
Thema:

I can't assign a drive letter to an Audio Player connected via USB. The Audio player shows...

1. I can't assign a drive letter to an Audio Player connected via USB. The Audio player shows... - Similar Threads - can't assign drive

2. I can't assign a drive letter to an Audio Player connected via USB. The Audio player shows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't assign a drive letter to an Audio Player connected via USB. The Audio player shows...: I have a portable audio device an Astell & Kern SR25 connected to a USB port on my Windows 10 PC. The Audio Player shows up on the My PC screen and I can access it with Windows Explorer but a drive letter is not assigned. I want to access the Audio Player with VBA code but I...
  3. I can't assign a drive letter to an Audio Player connected via USB. The Audio player shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't assign a drive letter to an Audio Player connected via USB. The Audio player shows...: I have a portable audio device an Astell & Kern SR25 connected to a USB port on my Windows 10 PC. The Audio Player shows up on the My PC screen and I can access it with Windows Explorer but a drive letter is not assigned. I want to access the Audio Player with VBA code but I...
  4. Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10: The default video player for windows 10 was blank in settings. All of the videos opened in Movies & TV. I am having an issue where picture and audio files take a long time to open. So, I changed the default apps for those file types to see if they opened quicker. I noticed...
  5. Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10: The default video player for windows 10 was blank in settings. All of the videos opened in Movies & TV. I am having an issue where picture and audio files take a long time to open. So, I changed the default apps for those file types to see if they opened quicker. I noticed...
  6. Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 will not assign a drive letter when connecting a USB Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 will not assign a drive letter when connecting a USB Drive: As in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-assign-a-drive-letter-when/a12d4cb5-5c9c-4c2e-8a37-37eb2da48a47 Virtual disk service is started, diskpart automount is enabled, and still Windows does not assign a letter automatically when a...
  8. Audio players

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audio players: How can I find ALL audio players on my PC? I have a Dell Inspiron? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-players/f70ca516-e0ee-4085-8ab6-ecf52f65281c"
  9. Permanently assign drive letters for USB drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently assign drive letters for USB drives: Hi, I run a backup script to different USB drives at different times. The backup script always needs to see the same drive letter for the USB drive (whichever USB drive is being used). I know you can run compmgmt.msc, select Disk Management and then click 'Change...
  10. USB Drive Letter Assignment not persistent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive Letter Assignment not persistent: I have a removable USB HDD that I use for second-level backups. I plug it in to my system only for this purpose. Almost every time I plug it in, I have to use Administrative Tools to re-assign a drive letter. Is there anything else I should be doing so that Windows keeps that...