Windows 10: I can't be the only one where intel NIC wipe out VLANs by Disk clean-up!

Discus and support I can't be the only one where intel NIC wipe out VLANs by Disk clean-up! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; YES you read that rightwhen I run Disk clean-up my Intel NIC's settings get wiped! whenDisk clean-up is run. I have the built inIntelR Ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Legacy_, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Legacy_ Win User

I can't be the only one where intel NIC wipe out VLANs by Disk clean-up!

YES you read that rightwhen I run Disk clean-up my Intel NIC's settings get wiped! whenDisk clean-up is run.

I have the built inIntelR Ethernet Connection 2 I218-V and PCI-e IntelR I210Gigabit Network Connection

Why does it do that!

:)

Legacy_, Feb 22, 2021

2. Multiple NIC, ping failure

Hi there,

strange issue. I have tested new (2) servers that comes with 2 NIC, running Windows Server 2016. Details as below..

#Server1

NIC1: 172.16.101.12 (vlan 101) - I dont define gateway

NIC2: 172.16.102.12 (vlan 102) - I dont define gateway

#Server2

NIC1: 172.16.101.13 (vlan 101) - I dont define gateway

NIC2: 172.16.102.13 (vlan 102) - I dont define gateway

Those NICs connected to switches and on different Vlan (as stated). Without setting the vlan on the NIC properties, the ping works well. The problem start when I set the vlan on the NIC properties. Ping to subnet 101 works perfectly but if I ping subnet
    102, I got destination unreachable.

Is this something to do at gateway? or it is something to do at vlan tagging? The switch port is in Trunk Mode. Kindly help me with this puzzle..

Halezan Hassan, Feb 22, 2021
  3. bro67 Win User
    Windows uses wrong NIC in a dual NIC setup, Ignores metric at times.

Regardless how you have it set up on the Router. Windows will naturally Load Balance, bridge or do a fall over.

Having both NIC's hooked up to two different VLAN's, makes the computer the host for handling all connections from one VLAN to the other.

I would suggest only using one NIC at a time, and if you need the other, then enable it when you need it.

Trying to reinvent the wheel and do something that is not done with a VPN, is just going to keep causing you headaches.

Normally the setup you have is done for Labs or Domains, not every day use.

bro67, Feb 22, 2021
  4. I can't be the only one where intel NIC wipe out VLANs by Disk clean-up!

VLAN problems on managed Cisco switch.

So, I'm having a weird issue with a Cisco switch. I am using Aerohive APs and they use different SSIDs that communicate over several VLANS. For some reason, they are only able to communicate over one SSID on one VLAN. It doesn't even recognize the others. It appears as though the ports on the switch are setup the same as other switches that also have those VLANS/APs. Has anyone else experienced this?

Here is an example of the configuration of an AP port:

switchport mode trunk
    switchport trunk allowed vlan (lists VLANs allowed here)
    switchport trunk native vlan (VLAN number here)

The VLANs themselves are also configured on the switch along with the helper IP addresses that correspond to them.

The switch is using VTP version 2 with the correct domain listed. The switch is showing that it was configured by the correct VTP server, but not since March.

Model: WS-C2960S-24PS-L

Anyone have any thoughts?

rolling moses, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

I can't be the only one where intel NIC wipe out VLANs by Disk clean-up!

1. I can't be the only one where intel NIC wipe out VLANs by Disk clean-up! - Similar Threads - can't where intel

2. I accidentally wipes out my whole pc with that clean disk cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally wipes out my whole pc with that clean disk cmd: So basically I was trying to convert my dynamic partition into basic partition but ytbers suggested me to do diskpart and after that sel dis 0 after that clean and from this it started deleting stuff and now idk how to put windows in my pc again and don't even know what to do...
  3. I accidentally wipes out my whole pc with that clean disk cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally wipes out my whole pc with that clean disk cmd: So basically I was trying to convert my dynamic partition into basic partition but ytbers suggested me to do diskpart and after that sel dis 0 after that clean and from this it started deleting stuff and now idk how to put windows in my pc again and don't even know what to do...
  4. I accidentally wipes out my whole pc with that clean disk cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple vlan on nic card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple vlan on nic card: Hello,I need to connect multiple vlan on a single NIC card in a pc with windows 11, how can I do it?I have a nic intel 802.1q and on windows 10 I able to configure vlan with "Intel PROSet software de Windows PowerShell" but it seems that the tool is not available for windows...
  6. Multiple vlan on nic card

Multiple vlan on nic card: Hello,I need to connect multiple vlan on a single NIC card in a pc with windows 11, how can I do it?I have a nic intel 802.1q and on windows 10 I able to configure vlan with "Intel PROSet software de Windows PowerShell" but it seems that the tool is not available for windows...
  7. Disk Clean Up

Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  8. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  9. VLAN Intel Nic on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLAN Intel Nic on Windows 10: Trying to set up a vlan on the nic card on my windows 10 pc. Does anyone know how to do this in an easy way? Looking for the most helpful way I can go about this, and guides if you know of any. I'm confused about this step: 5.3 Within the Command prompt, go to APPS >...
  10. Is it safe to wipe out a bitlocked disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to wipe out a bitlocked disk?: Hello, I have an ROG device and tried to dual boot by adding a new ssd, after installation of linux mint, i tried booting back to my windows disk, but i ran into BitLocker, and looking for the bit locker recovery code in my windows 10 account to no avail not even in my...