Windows 10: I cant boot from my SSD, I can only use Windows boot manager?

Discus and support I cant boot from my SSD, I can only use Windows boot manager? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I cloned my 1st ssd to another 2nd ssd and disconnected the first SSD. When i try to boot from my 2nd SSD (P4), it keeps saying ""Reboot and Select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/2point9AIDSBOW, Jul 15, 2020.

1. I cant boot from my SSD, I can only use Windows boot manager?

So I cloned my 1st ssd to another 2nd ssd and disconnected the first SSD. When i try to boot from my 2nd SSD (P4), it keeps saying

""Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

So I boot from a Windows boot manager which has the exact same name as my SSD with a UEFI banner across it, it then boots from my SSD. How can I get rid of the boot manager and actually boot from my SSD?

submitted by /u/2point9AIDSBOW
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/2point9AIDSBOW, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Jivames Win User

How do I set my new SSD as the only Boot/System drive?

The SSD was in the system when I did the upgrade. The SSD contains Windows 10 and my programs now.

Yes, when I boot I am presented with Boot from Windows 7 or Windows 10. However, I deleted the option to boot from Windows 7 in msconfig > Boot, but did not make all boot settings permanent.

I upgraded from a DVD connected via USB.

Also, in Computer Management > Disk Management, the Win7 drive is listed as:

Disc 0 and "System, Active, Primary Partition".

The Win10 drive is listed as:

Disk 1 and "Boot, Page File, Active, Crash Dump, Primary Partition".

I need to get rid of this old drive, boot only from the SSD, and NOT have to reinstall everything.

Jivames, Jul 15, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Laptops can't boot from optical HDD\SSD caddy :-(

Hello
    I have been investigating *a lot* and trying to boot a 2015 year HP Pavilion DV7 17-f076no (Serial: J1X05EA#UUW) from a Chinese Ebay optical drive HDD\SSD caddy:
    Read multiple forum questions that had the same problem as I: ( Bios can't find a bootable SSD inside optical caddy )
    https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...find-caddy-SSD-in-BIOS-boot-list/td-p/3278964
    Tom's Hardware: For The Hardcore PC Enthusiast

Startup:
    • Cloned a 1000gb HDD containing 100/1000gb of Windows 10 Home 64-bit to a 500gb SSD with a EZ Gig IV 4.6.2 cloning software and a USB-SATA transfer cable.
    • Original 1000gb HDD is still inside the laptop.
    • DVD-drive replaced with a 500gb SSD caddy.
    So far:
    • The SSD (=2018 Samsung 860EVO 500gb) can be used and seen inside Windows 10. ( As a storage only )
    • The 2015 Bios F.43 Rev.A American Megatrends Inc. can not see the SSD from the BIOS boot order. Windows Boot Manager sees only the original HDD.
    • UEFI Legacy boot-mode is disabled. I don't think enabling it would help since I'm starting up Windows 10.
    Solutions:
    • Faulty caddy ? Chinese sellers sell many multiple variations of different 9.7mm thick caddys with different micro switches. This one had only a 1 pc of micro switch with 2 position choices.
    • Bios is just not flexible enough. Open the 20+pcs of laptop screws and put the SSD to the place of the original HDD.
    • UEFI Legacy mode ?
    • Modding the caddy. Someone said the caddy is in a "power saving sleep mode" when inside BIOS and it is therefore unseen and shortening some pins would help ? Any experience in soldering the caddy electronics so that it is constantly awake ? This sounds believable ?
    • Cloned the HDD twice to minimize errors but no help I doubt it is because of the cloning process and if it is it is because the HDD and SSD were not the same size 1000gb and 1000gb and the partitions don't match or so...?
    Laptops are not easy...

user33331, Jul 15, 2020
  4. kjl1956 Win User

I cant boot from my SSD, I can only use Windows boot manager?

How do I set my new SSD as the only Boot/System drive?

If you remove the windows 7 drive from the pc it will not boot.

Deleting the option to boot win 7 does not change where the win 10

boot loader is stored, it is still on the disk 0

It may be possible to copy or clone the windows bootloader to an empty space on drive 1.

The only other way is to clean install to the ssd with the old drive removed.

Or remove the ssd install win10 to that drive then clone the old drive to the ssd

Free Backup Software for Windows - AOMEI Backupper Standard

kjl1956, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

I cant boot from my SSD, I can only use Windows boot manager?

1. I cant boot from my SSD, I can only use Windows boot manager? - Similar Threads - cant boot SSD

2. How can I repair my boot from SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I repair my boot from SSD?: After 4 months of trouble-free operation, my SSD suddenly refused to boot. Drive seems okay and files are visible by CMD from a recovery. Several files have been checked by copying to USB and investigating, and they are not corrupted. However, I cannot repair boot sector....
  3. How can I repair my boot from SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I repair my boot from SSD?: After 4 months of trouble-free operation, my SSD suddenly refused to boot. Drive seems okay and files are visible by CMD from a recovery. Several files have been checked by copying to USB and investigating, and they are not corrupted. However, I cannot repair boot sector....
  4. How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?: Hi, so as I was saying, I can't boot from a different SSD, because all I can see in the BIOS is "Windows Boot Manager". I can see the SSD if I check the "System Status" in BIOS and I can also see that SSD in windows 10 file explorer. I cloned my C drive where windows is...
  5. How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?: Hi, so as I was saying, I can't boot from a different SSD, because all I can see in the BIOS is "Windows Boot Manager". I can see the SSD if I check the "System Status" in BIOS and I can also see that SSD in windows 10 file explorer. I cloned my C drive where windows is...
  6. How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cant boot from my cloned ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant boot from my cloned ssd: I was having trouble booting from my SSD after cloning my HDD. Everything went fine until I tried to go into bios and have it boot from the SSD. While in the bios the SSD didn't show up until I turn on legacy support. I changed the boot order so it would boot from the SSD and...
  8. I cant open the boot manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant open the boot manager: Can’t open bootmanager! Hi! So I factory reset my pc today and I was going to reinstall windows 10 with a USB stick. My pc is a HP Pavilion P6-2067sc (with upgraded parts gpu cpu and ram) I have tried pressing all the keys at this point. Help me please! :( submitted by...
  9. Cant boot from SSD, Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant boot from SSD, Windows Boot Manager: I have an acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 which came with a Ryzen 3550h, 12gb ram, and 1 TB HDD. Upgraded it with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb and used samsung´s data migration tool to clone the HDD drive into the new SSD decided not to format the hdd in case i ran into a problem, and...
  10. Windows booting from wrong SSD Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows booting from wrong SSD Windows Boot Manager: Hello there, So i have an SSD installed, and i recently bought a used SSD that had windows on it. After formatting the new SSD, Windows tries to boot from it and run a repair. I have to restart my PC, go into BIOS, then into Boot Manager then choose the right SSD to boot...