Windows 10: I can't boot, I can't do anything

Discus and support I can't boot, I can't do anything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I continuously get the same error over and over, C:\windows\system32\Logfiles\Srt\srtTrail.txt I've tried repairing, it doesnt work. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zarakem, Dec 5, 2015.

1. zarakem Win User

I can't boot, I can't do anything

I continuously get the same error over and over, C:\windows\system32\Logfiles\Srt\srtTrail.txt

I've tried repairing, it doesnt work. I've tried resetting all of my hard disks, I get an error about 30% into it. Nothing works, I've spent hours trying to get back onto my desktop. This is so extremely frustrating, I have no idea what to do anymore. I've tried rebooting with my windows disc in it as well, and nothing works. Please help me

:)

zarakem, Dec 5, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

I can't do anything..

Hi Vee, try this method to remove Windows.old

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Dec 5, 2015
  3. VeeChords Win User
    I can't do anything..

Please help me.

It's really just a few things which I don't know about internet and about computerS. So I tried everything..

So.. I have that folder with old windows which using almost all of my memory in laptop (windows 10). And I tried to rid of that in all possible ways, but didn't work. Last option was through cmd, i went like admin, of course (RD /S /Q %SystemDrive%\windows.old)
    but it didn't work too. And then I noticed that my 'run as administrator' don't work at all. I changed old windows access properties, but nothing. Thank you I can't boot, I can't do anything :)

VeeChords, Dec 5, 2015
  4. AndreyT Win User

What error are you getting??? What is "C:\windows\system32\Logfiles\Srt\srtTrail.txt" and what does it have to do with the error?

AndreyT, Dec 5, 2015
  5. zarakem Win User
    That is the "error" that I am getting if that is the correct terminology, I'm not too familiar working with OS settings and that, and I just don't know what to do. I've tried reinstalling windows onto my SSD but I get this message "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the setup log files."

zarakem, Dec 5, 2015
  6. AndreyT Win User
    So, how are you receiving this error? Does a message box pop up on the screen that says "C:\windows\system32\Logfiles\Srt\srtTrail.txt" and nothing else? Or do you get it in some other form? When exactly does it happen during the boot?

AndreyT, Dec 5, 2015
  7. zarakem Win User
    I turn on my computer, I enter the BIOS and choose my SSD which windows is loaded onto, and then it comes with up diagnosing your PC/preparing automatic repair. I get the "C:\windows\system32\Logfiles\Srt\srtTrail.txt" message and then I have the options to turn off my PC or troubleshoot. I've tried resetting, it fails 30% through after I selected reset both my drives/delete everything. Repair doesn't work either.

zarakem, Dec 5, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

Looks like that you are not only one. See if this here would help, there's few ways to fix: HELP - Microsoft Community

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't boot, I can't do anything - Similar Threads - can't boot can't

2. I can't do anything but boot into bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't do anything but boot into bios: I'm all locked out of my Asus laptop\tablet beet to fac reset... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-do-anything-but-boot-into-bios/0aa9b78b-76a8-4e78-a134-e349ed53066f
  3. I can't do anything but boot into bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't do anything but boot into bios: I'm all locked out of my Asus laptop\tablet beet to fac reset... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-do-anything-but-boot-into-bios/0aa9b78b-76a8-4e78-a134-e349ed53066f
  4. I can't do ANYTHING, need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't do ANYTHING, need help!: I actually can't do anything at all, windows 10 is acting super weird. Today I was using the internet, and tried to open a new google chrome tab and it wouldn't load. I was confused, but I had to go out anyway so I shut it down. When I got back, I opened it up and a while...
  5. I can't do anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't do anything: I have downloaded the latest update few days ago, and today i suddenly my laptop restarted showing stopcode critical process died with loophole restarting When i even went in winRe and did all the possible things i was not able to do anything. Also i am not able to uninstall...
  6. I literally can't do anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I literally can't do anything.: How do i recover my files if literally every file is deleted to the point where not even Microsoft edge or anything works ._. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-literally-cant-do-anything/a5140cbe-dd25-43d4-aebe-009e2e0db5a8"
  7. I can't do anything.

I can't do anything.: So i just got a new pc like 3 hours ago and had the windows installed and everything. Suddenly, i am unable to open any applications. I can't open internet explorer or anything. I tried to google how to fix this problem when you can't open any applications but these solutions...
  8. I can't do anything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't do anything: I don't have a active windows key I bought it from cyberpower and they gave a key with it but it never worked so now there is just a activate windows in the bottom right corner and on top of that I don't have admin powers I am for some reason on a guest account It happened...
  9. I got a rat and I can't do anything

I got a rat and I can't do anything: I recently installed a file from what I thought was a friend and later found out I got a rat from it! I located that the program is called psbnzaksvc and is in system32 folder. I can't close it in task manager, so I can't delete it from the folder. I can't factor reset my...
  10. I can't do ANYTHING

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't do ANYTHING: I logged on my laptop this morning and when I'm logged in I try to open up google chrome or spotify, but nothing works! I looked deeper into this and I tried fixing it but it didn't work. It's been around 2-3 days that I've been having this issue and I'd lile for someone...