Windows 10: I can't boot into my system win10

Discus and support I can't boot into my system win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am not able to boot into my laptop and i am getting this error. How to fix this[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdityaPushkar, Apr 13, 2021.

1. I can't boot into my system win10

I am not able to boot into my laptop and i am getting this error. How to fix this I can't boot into my system win10 b28fa2a0-0b81-4bd2-8f58-84ddfd5ea775?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdityaPushkar, Apr 13, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 13, 2021
  3. adj592 Win User
    No Windows Boot Manager on dual boot system (7 & 10)

I thought I'd just post a little guide.

This is the only thing that worked on my ASUS N55SF dual boot system: Win7 on HDD (MBR) and Win10 on SSD (GPT).

Step 1
    Assuming that you have already Win7 installed on your primary disk, install Win10 on your secondary disk.

Step 2
    When install is done, enter your BIOS and go to the Boot section. There you should see "Windows Boot Manager" as your default boot option. Change it so that your primary disk (where you have Win7 installed) becomes your default boot option (it should be something like "P0:" followed by your disk model number, mine is "P0: ST9750423AS"). Save and restart.

Step 3
    Now Win7 should start automatically (no boot manager showing up). Enter Win7, open an elevated command prompt and run
    bcdboot X:\windows
    where X is the Win10 system partition as seen from Win7, typically E, F, G or H.

Step 4
    Restart. You should now see the Windows Boot Manager (probably the Windows 10 GUI boot manager). Select Windows 10, install your audio drivers (if you already have, I suggest you uninstall them and restart before doing this), restart and you're done.

adj592, Apr 13, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

I can't boot into my system win10

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

I can't boot into my system win10

1. I can't boot into my system win10 - Similar Threads - can't boot system

2. I can't boot windows system repair not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't boot windows system repair not working: I can't boot my computer I can't load WIndows I can't enter recovery I can't reset it what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-boot-windows-system-repair-not-working/7d7c3fbf-604f-4f16-82f5-04bea3ae691e
  3. I can't boot windows system repair not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't boot windows system repair not working: I can't boot my computer I can't load WIndows I can't enter recovery I can't reset it what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-boot-windows-system-repair-not-working/7d7c3fbf-604f-4f16-82f5-04bea3ae691e
  4. My windows will not boot and I can't reset it in the system recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows will not boot and I can't reset it in the system recovery: So yesterday I open my laptop and it says "The selected boot device failed. Press <Enter> to continue." It also makes this weird clicking noise which I am pretty sure is from thw hard disk. The first thing I did was to try to find a fix but nothing I found online seemed to...
  5. I can boot to Win10, but my boot is empty

I can boot to Win10, but my boot is empty: Hi guys! After I restored Macrium backup Win 10 (OS Build 19042.746), the boot looks empty. [img] [img] Is there a way to resolve this? I tried to follow some online guides, but I failed. Thank you! *Smile 174710
  6. Repair Win10 laptop system by USB-booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Win10 laptop system by USB-booting: I fail to repair Win10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad by booting it with a USB. I ran "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\windows", and the results show that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". After that, I clicked Startup Repair...
  7. I can't Clean boot my system, and other problems

I can't Clean boot my system, and other problems: when i got a new ssd 1 month ago, I installed Windows on the new ssd. it went great for a month but then i installed valoranta game and my pc started crashing. fist i thougt it was a failing component but then, just in case, i wanted to clean boot my system and reinstall...
  8. Can't boot into Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Win10: I had a working win10 pro install and wanted to create a fresh install on another SSD and slowly build it back up to my current install. After creating a Win10 USB installer I booted it up and created my fresh install on the other SSD sucessfully. When I try to boot back into...
  9. Blue screen of death: Can't boot windows and can't enter bios and i can't boot system on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death: Can't boot windows and can't enter bios and i can't boot system on...: Pls help me: I have tried everything but nothing seems to work i can't do anything because the blue screen keeps occurring, i can't enter bios beacuse the keyboard doesn't work in pre-boot so i cannot boot the system on an USB flash disk to repair it. I NEED EVERY HELP....
  10. can't boot Grub2 with Win10 BCD boot manager

can't boot Grub2 with Win10 BCD boot manager: For years, I've been able to switch back and forth between Ubuntu's Grub boot manager and Windows 7's boot manager on my laptop's SSD before actually selecting one or the other OS to boot. When I selected Windows on the Grub menu, the Win7 boot manager would present its menu...