Windows 10: I can't buy any apps from the app store

Discus and support I can't buy any apps from the app store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm trying to buy an app. Despite having two PayPal accounts and two credit cards associated with my Microsoft Account (and I have a subscription for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JohnStackCSCS, Dec 22, 2018.

1. I can't buy any apps from the app store

I'm trying to buy an app. Despite having two PayPal accounts and two credit cards associated with my Microsoft Account (and I have a subscription for Office 365 or whatever the latest version is called), I am being asked to set up a payment method within the app store. When I try to set up a payment method, I am being asked for an address but the option to select a country is greyed out and stuck on United Kingdom. I don't live in the United Kingdom. Therefore, I cannot set up a payment method and I can't buy the app I need.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

JohnStackCSCS, Dec 22, 2018

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 22, 2018
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 22, 2018
  4. I can't buy any apps from the app store

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

I can't buy any apps from the app store

1. I can't buy any apps from the app store - Similar Threads - can't buy apps

2. Can't Download Any Microsoft Store Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Download Any Microsoft Store Apps: Every time I attempt to download any apps/games/etc from the Microsoft store the app begins downloading but very shortly afterwards states: "Error: See Details". If you click on "See Details" it states that something unexpected happened and gives the error code: 0x80D03805....
  3. Can't install or update any app from the Microsoft Store.

Can't install or update any app from the Microsoft Store.: Every time I try to install or update an app, I get an error. I don't normally use this store, but there are several apps that I legitimately want to install, and can't install because of this issue. Every time I try, I get the same error code: 0x80070005 I've already...
  4. Can't download apps from Microsoft Store

Can't download apps from Microsoft Store: I am unable to download the Fitbit app from the Microsoft store. When I am trying to download it and click on ‘get app’ a blue screen shows up for a few seconds and then vanishes. That’s it. I tried to download a different app but nothing changed. So the issue isn’t with...
  5. I cannot purchase any apps from the Store

I cannot purchase any apps from the Store: The October update cured some problems but not this one. For weeks I have not been able to purchase any (paid) apps from the Store., either pay at download of in app purchases. I get 'something went wrong' and similar unhelpful responses. I have reset the Store and revised my...
  6. why i can't download any app from the store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why i can't download any app from the store: i am trying to download one app from the store of the windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-download-any-app-from-the-store/81712601-c2a9-4101-9288-0563ff249f2e
  7. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print in colour to any printer from any app: Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more. I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e. colour prints in grayscale. I have looked at 'manage your device', 'printer properties' and 'printing preferences' and...
  8. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't print in colour to any printer from any app: Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more. I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e. colour prints in grayscale. I have looked at 'manage your device', 'printer properties' and 'printing preferences' and...
  9. Can't open any windows store apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open any windows store apps: Hello, I am having trouble with Windows Defender and Update. I am getting error 0x800705b4 for Defender and though I've searched online on how to fix the problem none of them seem to work. Also, my computer won't let me access the update & security portion of my settings....
  10. Can't install apps from windows store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install apps from windows store.: Hi folks, Anyone else have this problem? I have tried installing a few apps from the windows store on windows 10, download ok and says installing but then get message "this is embarrassing we can't find app" and nothing, its not on my app list. The existing ones that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot buy apps in app.store