Windows 10: I can't cast android device to windows 10 using Connect App

Discus and support I can't cast android device to windows 10 using Connect App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't been able to use the Connect App to cast android device to my laptop. since I updated Windows 10 to version 1909 18363.476 my laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by amin750, Dec 3, 2019.

1. amin750 Win User

I can't cast android device to windows 10 using Connect App

I haven't been able to use the Connect App to cast android device to my laptop. since I updated Windows 10 to version 1909 18363.476

my laptop and android device has connected to same wifi network, But the Android device can't find the PC.

How can I fix the problem?

:)

amin750, Dec 3, 2019

2. Casting Android phone to Windows 10 PC using Connect App

Hi Roasted715Jr,

The problem could be with the app itself. Have you tried reinstalling the app on both devices? See if an update is available for both devices. Please note that the Connect app uses the Miracast standard. Also, make sure that you have the latest updates installed
    on your Windows 10 PC.

Please make sure to follow these steps to be able to get your Android device display to show up onto the Windows 10 PC:

1. On the Android device, locate the Screen Mirroring icon and tap on it.
    2. The interface will show a list of existing or available devices that content can be cast to. In that same interface, tap on the
      More Settings button.
    3. Locate and tap the button located in the upper right and is represented by three dots.
    4. Make sure that the Enable wireless display option is checked. This will instantly put the Android device into detection mode and allow other devices to find it.
    5. On your Windows 10 PC, launch the Connect app.
    6. With the Connect app running, the PC should now be detected by the Android device. Tap on the PC name on the Android device to cast display across the Windows 10 PC.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Troubleshooting Android 6 screencast to Windows 10

If the Connect app isn't working, try another one. Here is a site with a few suggestions; it also has app descriptions and step-by-step instructions for installation and use. The downloads are also linked on the site.

Suggested ways to cast Android to PC

FredSavage187, Dec 3, 2019
  4. I can't cast android device to windows 10 using Connect App

Can't connect to android tablet when using "Cast To Device"

I want to watch a movie on my tablet, while streaming it from my laptop. I managed to connect my android tablet, which is Samsung T325, to windows 10 over WiFi, so it appears in the list of connected devices, and in the "Cast To Device" menu. It added DAF
    UPnP and Windows 10.0 UPnP to a list of approved devices on my android tablet. However, when I click to "connect" in "Cast To Device" menu, it tries to connect, but then displays "unknown error" message.

Android version is 4.4.2, I believe it has miracast. At least it has screen mirroring option. Laptop has WiDi functionality.

Help?

Jack_T2015, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

I can't cast android device to windows 10 using Connect App

1. I can't cast android device to windows 10 using Connect App - Similar Threads - can't cast android

2. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to Device: I have 3 Pioneer receivers, all of which are relatively new and supported the Cast to Device in Windows 10 and I used it often on all 3 receivers as well as my girlfriend's Pioneer receiver that is exactly like one of mine. They all stopped supporting the Cast to Device...
  3. Your Phone Companion App - "We can't connect to your Android device" -

Your Phone Companion App - "We can't connect to your Android device" -: Continually getting this error message though in the past it worked find. Don't think anything has changed and both computer and phone are on the same Wifi SSID. Says also - "Check to make sure it's connected to the internet. If the problem persists, restart the Your...
  4. How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device?: I have a android setup box, from a company called jio. You cant install any third party apps on it. And also keep in there isnt a pre-installed interface/software in the setup box itself for casting. The why do i have even the slightest hope of it ever working as a casting...
  5. Keeping PC connected to Android device to use android smart lock.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeping PC connected to Android device to use android smart lock.: Lads, a question. I can connect my phone to my pc (windows 10, with Bluetooth adapter) over Bluetooth for a specific task, like a file transfer or playing music. But the second the task is completed, the connection simply drops. My question is how do I keep it connected...
  6. Casting Android Screen to Windows 10

Casting Android Screen to Windows 10: <p>Dear Microsoft-Community,</p><p></p><p>I have a problem connecting my Moto G4 Plus Android 8.1.0 to my Windows 10 up-to-date, BT and network adapter drivers as well machine via the cast app.<br /><br />I have changed the "Projecting to this PC settings" according to online...
  7. Can't Connect to Windows 10 Pro by Using Microsoft Remote Desktop for Android

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Connect to Windows 10 Pro by Using Microsoft Remote Desktop for Android: I enabled Remote Desktop on my Windows 10 Pro PC, downloaded Microsoft Remote Desktop for Android, and then tried to connect to my PC by using Microsoft Remote Desktop for Android by typing its IP address, my email address and password for my Microsoft Account, but all I get...
  8. Unavale to cast my android device in windows 10 laptop.

Unavale to cast my android device in windows 10 laptop.: Upon opening connect, i see this everytime, yet I'm not able to discover my pc on my mobile device(it support casting) and also i couldnt even find my android device name when i try to cast from the laptop. I can only see the names of existing bluettoth earphone/headphone...
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 - Android devices not able to connect/show, using MTP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Windows 10 - Android devices not able to connect/show, using MTP: Hello, I am facing an issue with Microsoft Windows 10 MTP feature, when connecting my android devices to my laptop and selecting the MTP (media transfer in device). I have a OnePlus3 device and regardless of what options I have tried this isnt working for me (atleast that...
  10. unable to cast from android phone to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to cast from android phone to windows 10: I'm trying to cast from my android phone to my windows 10 pc. I've found a number of articles that say that the windows "anniversary" update installed an app called "connect" which will do this. Now my last update was 1 Oct 2016. When i ran the Anniversary updated it did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find my pc on cast list android

2. cant cast to connect app