Windows 10: I can't categorize my calendar and contacts in Outlook. Is this fixed yet?

Discus and support I can't categorize my calendar and contacts in Outlook. Is this fixed yet? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just set up my Gmail account to feed into Outlook (Version 1812). I can't get the categories function to work. I use it on my work laptop (Exchange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by crasan, Jan 19, 2019.

1. crasan Win User

I can't categorize my calendar and contacts in Outlook. Is this fixed yet?

I just set up my Gmail account to feed into Outlook (Version 1812). I can't get the categories function to work. I use it on my work laptop (Exchange Server) all of the tie an rely heavily on the feature. I read old threads on the topic. Does MS have a solution for this yet? I believe Gmail requires IMAP. If it doesn't require it, it recommends it. I already had to set my Gmail account to accept unsecure apps (Outlook was listed as one). Thank you!

:)

crasan, Jan 19, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

How to save Outlook settings as well as email, calendar and contacts?

Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file - Office Support
    says
    Outlook does not export meta-data such as folder properties (views, permissions, and AutoArchive settings); message rules; and blocked senders lists.

There are 3rd party tools too- commercial mostly- Mailstore Home is free, but there's no feature description I can find quickly. I have used it in the past, but not for Outlook.

dalchina, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 19, 2019
  4. MAC DAWG Win User

how to sync outlook 2010 contacts and calendar with windows phone 7

please provide step by step instructions on how to sync outlook 2010 calendar and contacts with my htc hd7 windows phone 7.

currently the phone has no calendar items and it has an incomplete and inaccurate list of contacts (ideally this would be overwritten)

thank you,

MAC DAWG, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't categorize my calendar and contacts in Outlook. Is this fixed yet? - Similar Threads - can't categorize calendar

2. restored image now no contacts or calendar in my outlook 365.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restored image now no contacts or calendar in my outlook 365.: I ran image restore on my Laptop and now I do not have my contacts or calendar in my outlook 365.I ran image backup. loaded an app didn't want it so I ran image restore to go back to previous. Now in outlook I do not have my contacts or Calendar. I have all my eMail I am...
  3. Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails: Hi I have just upgraded from my trusty Outlook 2007 to the new Office 2019 suite of programs. The new Outlook 2019 has been an absolute nightmare in so much as I was not able to search my calendar, contacts, and emails. Read numerous other forums for help and spent days...
  4. App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.: For some years now I’ve been using Companionlink to sync my Calendar and Contacts with my Android device. For the last few years I’ve been using the Outlook app on my Android device and still rely on Companionlink to sync both Calendar and Contacts. Maybe I’m missing...
  5. The 'Categorize' option in my Microsoft Calendar app disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The 'Categorize' option in my Microsoft Calendar app disappeared: Hi, I've been using the Microsoft Calendar app for quite a while now, and I really liked the categorize option that allowed me to color code specific events on my calendar just by right clicking them. Today, I noticed that of my two accounts registered on my email app, one...
  6. Syncing Outlook 10 Contacts & Calendars with iTunes for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing Outlook 10 Contacts & Calendars with iTunes for Windows: What Windows Features, Processes and/or Services are used by iTunes for Windows to sync contacts and calendars through USB port/Lightning cable to Outlook 2010 contacts and calendars?...
  7. Sync contacts and calendars from Outlook on my PC to my phone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync contacts and calendars from Outlook on my PC to my phone: I am not finding the information I need in the Help topics to be able to sync my calendar from my PC to my Android phone....
  8. How to save Outlook settings as well as email, calendar and contacts?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save Outlook settings as well as email, calendar and contacts?: I'd like to be able to save my settings for Outlook 2016 (folders, default address book, page layout etc) as well as my email, calendar and contacts etc. I know how to save .pst files for data, but is it possible to save visual preferences as well? 102087
  9. Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone --Can't sync contacts and calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone --Can't sync contacts and calendar: A widespread problem? My Outlook 2016 Mail is performing normally in Windows 10 and syncing mail with my phone. However...I cannot sync my calendar or contacts into my Lumia 735. I get hints (nothing specific) from online searching that since my service provider (Time Warner)...
  10. Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file: How to: Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file How to Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You can export your email,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant categorize calendar in outlook

2. outlook calendar cant categorize

3. how can I categorize my calender items in outlook with windows 10

4. cant categorize outlook calendar,
  5. outlook cant categorize calendar,
  6. why cant i categorise appointments in calendar outlook,
  7. how to catagorize my calender in 2019 outlook,
  8. why cant I categorize items in calendar in new outlook