Windows 10: I can't change "Advanced Sharing Options" When I change to "Turn on Network Discovery', it...

Discus and support I can't change "Advanced Sharing Options" When I change to "Turn on Network Discovery', it... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't change "Advanced Sharing Options" When I change to "Turn on Network Discovery', it automatically reverts back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ittessobj, Nov 8, 2019.

1. ittessobj Win User

I can't change "Advanced Sharing Options" When I change to "Turn on Network Discovery', it...

I can't change "Advanced Sharing Options" When I change to "Turn on Network Discovery', it automatically reverts back

:)

ittessobj, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 How to change network setting back to Home from Public

Hi,

To change your network connection from public to private, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Network & Internet.

• On the left side of the screen, choose
      Ethernet.

• Under
      related settings, click
      HomeGroup.

• Go to
      Change advance sharing settings.

• Under
      Network discovery, choose
      Turn on network discovery.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Turning Windows Firewall off changes Network discovery File sharing on

I've recently upgraded to windows 10. I use Bitdefender 2015, and have installed the latest compatible version for windows 10, after uninstalling previous using their uninstall tool, and also doing a repair.

In the Security and Maintenance panel it states Windows Firewall is off and Bitdefender Firewall is on.

In the Windows Firewall panel however, it states that for Private Networks and Guest and Public networks, Windows Firewall is turned on. (I'm using Public)

When I try to disable Windows Firewall, it turns on Network Discovery and File Sharing however, which I do not want.
    When I turn Network Discovery and File Sharing back off again, it turns Windows Firewall back on, BUT only in the Security and Maintenance panel.

For me, this is very confusing and I don't know whether Windows Firewall is actually on or not, and why I can't change discovery and sharing settings without changing firewall / vice versa. If one's needed for the other I thought it would be disabled, not change the other automatically

Would be grateful for any help or knowledge about this. Thanks

I can't change "Advanced Sharing Options" When I change to "Turn on Network Discovery', it... [​IMG]

invertedzero, Nov 8, 2019
  4. I can't change "Advanced Sharing Options" When I change to "Turn on Network Discovery', it...

Tried everything to get network discovery on.

Hello Plshelp123 .

Type network in the search and choose Network and Sharing Center in the list to open it.

After this select Change advanced sharing settings to move on.

You should choose Turn on network discovery on.

Save changes.

Let me know how this goes

Mark St..., Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

I can't change "Advanced Sharing Options" When I change to "Turn on Network Discovery', it...

1. I can't change "Advanced Sharing Options" When I change to "Turn on Network Discovery', it... - Similar Threads - can't change Advanced

2. how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work: how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-on-network-discovery-when-change/02b080d1-ba5f-47ae-940f-e963e8e73b18
  3. how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work: how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-on-network-discovery-when-change/02b080d1-ba5f-47ae-940f-e963e8e73b18
  4. how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why I can't turn on network discovery in the server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't turn on network discovery in the server?: HiI had to reinstall Windows Server 2019 to one server. Now I can't turn on network discovery in that server. Although I've logged in as an administrator and save the chances. When I'm looking again the situation, the network discovery is turned off....
  6. Why I can't turn on network discovery in the server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I can't turn on network discovery in the server?: HiI had to reinstall Windows Server 2019 to one server. Now I can't turn on network discovery in that server. Although I've logged in as an administrator and save the chances. When I'm looking again the situation, the network discovery is turned off....
  7. how do i turn on network discovery in the network sharing center?

how do i turn on network discovery in the network sharing center?: see subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-network-discovery-in-the-network/a7077623-39d5-4a6f-9f69-bfade3ac6a93
  8. Turning Windows Firewall off changes Network discovery File sharing on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turning Windows Firewall off changes Network discovery File sharing on: I've recently upgraded to windows 10. I use Bitdefender 2015, and have installed the latest compatible version for windows 10, after uninstalling previous using their uninstall tool, and also doing a repair. In the Security and Maintenance panel it states Windows Firewall...
  9. Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working: I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine) So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place. For...
  10. Network discovery and sharing turned on Windows 10

Network discovery and sharing turned on Windows 10: Hello all, I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to network security and so I ask for your help. I have recently bought a new computer and made sure when connecting to my WiFi to connect to a public network and ensure that network discovery is turned off. All the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot click on change advanced sharing setting snetwork

2. cant change advanced sharing options windows 10

3. cannot change advanced sharing options

4. cannot change sharing options,
  5. cant open change advanced sharing windows pro,
  6. turn on network discovery reverts back