Windows 10: I can't change my account back to Admin

Discus and support I can't change my account back to Admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So this morning I allegedly performed a dumb decision to radically change my personal account to standard and I can't really go back and I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JustinasPtasinskas, Jan 17, 2019.

1. I can't change my account back to Admin

So this morning I allegedly performed a dumb decision to radically change my personal account to standard and I can't really go back and I tried switching it to admin again... Also, I had to frantically search for 4 terrible hours on how to fix this and there were no tutorials on how to even fix this critical problem so I pretty much need help ASAP! (I can still install and delete files for some reason)

:)

JustinasPtasinskas, Jan 17, 2019
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 17, 2019
  4. I can't change my account back to Admin

Account changes in 10586 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command line and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: yes

After the command line is complete, restart the system and login to the built-in Administrator account and do the necessary changes to your account. Again, restart your computer and login t your account and disable the built-in Administrator account by following
    the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command line and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

I can't change my account back to Admin

1. I can't change my account back to Admin - Similar Threads - can't change account

2. Is it possible to change my standard user account back into an admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change my standard user account back into an admin account?: When I was messing around in my settings I accidentally turned my account into a standers account without realizing it. I’m the only account on my computer and there is no admin account. Please help...
  3. Is it possible to change my standard user account back into an admin account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change my standard user account back into an admin account?: When I was messing around in my settings I accidentally turned my account into a standers account without realizing it. I’m the only account on my computer and there is no admin account. Please help...
  4. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  5. Can't Change Account to Admin

Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  6. Accidentally changed my only Admin account to standard account now I can't change it back....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally changed my only Admin account to standard account now I can't change it back....: I accidentally changed my only admin account to a standard account on my laptop OS Windows 10my administrator account used to be my work account which isn't working anymore since my account has been deactivated when we shut down our company. I was trying to change the admin...
  7. Accidentally changed my only Admin account to standard account now I can't change it back....

Accidentally changed my only Admin account to standard account now I can't change it back....: I accidentally changed my only admin account to a standard account on my laptop OS Windows 10my administrator account used to be my work account which isn't working anymore since my account has been deactivated when we shut down our company. I was trying to change the admin...
  8. Accidentally changed my only Admin account to standard account now I can't change it back....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back: I know about the net user administrator cmd technique and it didn't work, I keep getting system error 5 even after I run it as administrator. the account is the only account in the system i didn't activate default the guest and/or the administrator account....
  10. Changed to Standard account and can't get back to Admin. a/c

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed to Standard account and can't get back to Admin. a/c: Hi,I changed to standard account and can't get back to administrator account to install programs.When I try to run"net user administrator /active:yes" or go to control panel and click"change account" I get a dialogue box for permission to make changes but there is no...