Windows 10: I cant change my account

Discus and support I cant change my account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I made another account but I can't change it on the Asus VivoBook... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by M.W. 705, Aug 28, 2020.

1. M.W. 705 Win User

I cant change my account

I made another account but I can't change it on the Asus VivoBook

:)

M.W. 705, Aug 28, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 28, 2020
  4. I cant change my account

Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

I cant change my account

1. I cant change my account - Similar Threads - cant change account

2. I cant change my microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change my microsoft account password: I have a microsoft account that i cant remember its password and when i m trying to reset it when i m putting the email to verify that thats the correct one on my email have not been sent any code....
  3. I cant change my microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant change my microsoft account password: I have a microsoft account that i cant remember its password and when i m trying to reset it when i m putting the email to verify that thats the correct one on my email have not been sent any code....
  4. I cant change accounts :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change accounts :: when i try to chanmge accounts , it just redirects me to the original account . when i try to log out , it says that im still logged in somwhere , but im not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-accounts/d5e0276c-9f38-4875-b288-78743fe2c5cb
  5. cant change account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cant change account: Hey. so i was going to share my ultimate account with my pc account. However. the account im logged into my personal account i cant switch from. i press log out. and then log in. but instead of an option to choose an account im logged into my own account instantly. and not my...
  6. cant change account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant change account: Hey. so i was going to share my ultimate account with my pc account. However. the account im logged into my personal account i cant switch from. i press log out. and then log in. but instead of an option to choose an account im logged into my own account instantly. and not my...
  7. cant change account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I forgot my password on my Microsoft account and I cant change it.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my password on my Microsoft account and I cant change it.: Hello,I have a problem with my Microsoft windows account and I cant sign into it because I forgot the password. When I click "Forgot my PIN" it says "Just a moment" and loads for 5 seconds then it gets back and every time I do this is always the same. I tried so many...
  9. I cant change my account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant change my account: I made another account but I can't change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-account/88d97ddd-87f2-4906-ac27-9facb9d8d161
  10. Cant change the birthdate on my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change the birthdate on my Microsoft account: So i was making my new microsoft account, when I on accident made the birth year 2016, not 2001. I see on the ‘your info’ tab where it says “edit birthday” but when I use this link it lets me edit everything but my birthdate. How do I get around this so I can change my...