Windows 10: I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user.

Discus and support I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 2 accounts on my laptop right now. The administrator account was the one I first logged in with this laptop and later, I added my second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AngleMaster, Aug 23, 2020.

1. I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user.

I have 2 accounts on my laptop right now. The administrator account was the one I first logged in with this laptop and later, I added my second Microsoft account.

I want to change my old account to a local user so I can change the Microsoft account on my second account to the Microsoft account on the first account but it won't let me.

The option to sign out into a local user doesn't appear on that account. I'd like some help on how to remove the Microsoft account from the 1st account so I can put it on the second account where all my stuff I do is there now. Thank you!

submitted by /u/AngleMaster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AngleMaster, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Change local account into administrator

Hi Ankit,

We appreciate you for providing these necessary information. We have another way on how to change your local account user into administrator account. Please follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select the user account, and click
      Change account type
    • Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop down menu.
    • Click OK to complete the task.

Note: If you are using an Administrator account, you could use the same instructions to change the type to a Standard User account.

Let us know in case you encounter an issue while following the steps provided.

Ryan Mon1, Aug 23, 2020
  4. I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user.

Local account to administrator

Just to be straight with terminology.

You can set up your device with a local account or Microsoft account.

Within each of these options you can then either be an Administrator or a Standard user.

If you go Start, Settings, Account and click on Your Info is it listing you as a local account and just below that are you Standard or Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user.

1. I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user. - Similar Threads - can't change Administrator

2. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  3. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  4. Can't change local account to a Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change local account to a Microsoft account: I want to change PC login from a local account to a Microsoft account The system is Windows 10 Home When I go to Accounts I do not see the option 'Sign in with a Microsoft Account' What am I missing? How do I change a PC login using a local account to using a Microsoft...
  5. I accidentally set my administrator account to a local user.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally set my administrator account to a local user.: Hi I had an only one account on my computer which was admin. However I have changed this only account to local user by mistakenly through . Now I cant make this account admin again since I do not have authorization to change it. I have tried anything however, ı couldnt...
  6. Changed microsoft account to local account and now i can't change it back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed microsoft account to local account and now i can't change it back...: Like the title says, i accidentally switched my microsoft account to a local account and would like to change it back. I was having problems with sync and thought that doing that would fix it. just made things worse... When I try to login to my microsoft account, I go from...
  7. My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back: I know about the net user administrator cmd technique and it didn't work, I keep getting system error 5 even after I run it as administrator. the account is the only account in the system i didn't activate default the guest and/or the administrator account....
  8. Changing to a local user account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing to a local user account.: Hey guys, I am thinking of changing to a local user account. My main questions is, when there is a windows update (1809 to 1903) would my personal settings be still there when i upgrade or will I have to redo my settings? Also, if I change to a local account, would that...
  9. I'm local user and can't change to administrator...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm local user and can't change to administrator...: So i changed my account to local user and i can't do anything i cant even reboot my system because i dont have permissions to do that cant even do Windows + X and type net user Administrator /active:yes because it wont let me.. because i dont have administrator permissions......
  10. New Windows Account changed my local User account can't log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Windows Account changed my local User account can't log in: I tried to see Skype Video on Windows 10. Huge mistake. It asked me for a Windows Account. (I just finished understanding what Google Account means). I happened to have a Windows Account. I entered it and it accepted it. It then asked that I must also change the password...