Windows 10: i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

Discus and support i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; - i created 2 years back an microsoft account for my son, 7 years old, to allow office access, but as he doesn't have an email address i used mine but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thomas De Rycke, Nov 15, 2022.

1. i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

- i created 2 years back an microsoft account for my son, 7 years old, to allow office access, but as he doesn't have an email address i used mine but gave in his information date of birth- I'm an apple user but recently bought a windows laptop. signed in with my email adress, i went to my microsoft account page and saw that the name was still my sons, so i changed it to mine. But i can't change my age.- looking in the family safety app i now see a profile of me but also still a profile of my son who is marked as "family organiser", I don't have the option leave the family group to join a ne

:)

Thomas De Rycke, Nov 15, 2022

2. How do i change the DOB (date of birth/birthdate) for a child account through the parent account? How do you do Option 3?

Hi,

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online. Here is what
    to do when you are a parent trying to change your child's birth date:

• Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your
      Family
      page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Select Manage my child's profile info.
    • For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

For additional help, you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Regards.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 15, 2022
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microsoft Family - Changing account from child to adult

Hi Paulo,

To edit your child account(s), we need to
    change
    the
    birthdate
    of that account or
    create/add another adult
    in your family
    account. To change the birthdate,
    you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

To add another adult to your family account, kindly refer to
    Add a child account your family
    under
    To add another adult your family.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 15, 2022
  4. Donna Men Win User

i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

Need help changing DOB on child account

Hi Robert,

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online. Here is what
    to do when you are a parent trying to change your child's birth date:

• Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your
      Family
      page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Select Manage my child's profile info.
    • For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

For additional help, you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

In the meantime, try removing the account from the family list, then add them back as an adult. Refer to this
    link on how to remove members from Microsoft Family.

Let us know if you need further help.

Donna Men, Nov 15, 2022
Thema:

i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

1. i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group - Similar Threads - Can't change age

2. How do i change the age on my account without the family organizer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change the age on my account without the family organizer?: My family has had a lot of issues, and due to such, when my dad created my Microsoft account for me as a teenager, he put my birthdate in 2011 instead of 2003. i am 20 years old now, and i have used this account for everything. unfortunately, these family settings...
  3. How do i change the age on my account without the family organizer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i change the age on my account without the family organizer?: My family has had a lot of issues, and due to such, when my dad created my Microsoft account for me as a teenager, he put my birthdate in 2011 instead of 2003. i am 20 years old now, and i have used this account for everything. unfortunately, these family settings...
  4. How do i change the age on my account without the family organizer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...: I tried fixing this with the regular Microsoft support and tried multiple devices but the option to change the date of birth never showed up on the organizer account...
  6. my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...: I tried fixing this with the regular Microsoft support and tried multiple devices but the option to change the date of birth never showed up on the organizer account...
  7. my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

8. my age is wrong is microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

my age is wrong is microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...: I tried fixing this with the regular Microsoft support and tried multiple devices but the option to change the date of birth never showed up on the organizer account...
  9. i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group: - i created 2 years back an microsoft account for my son, 7 years old, to allow office access, but as he doesn't have an email address i used mine but gave in his information date of birth- I'm an apple user but recently bought a windows laptop. signed in with my email...
  10. Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?

Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?: If a member of the family who is over 13 leaves the group, will the parents be notified? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-leaving-a-family-group-in-microsoft-family/6522fe46-a9a1-4a37-a2ec-072fc96994fc