Windows 10: I can't change my app permissions back from allow to only special permissions.

Discus and support I can't change my app permissions back from allow to only special permissions. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Going to properties/security to edit the permissions, It won't let me uncheck the boxes with allow on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YaechanOh, Mar 21, 2023.

1. YaechanOh Win User

I can't change my app permissions back from allow to only special permissions.

Going to properties/security to edit the permissions, It won't let me uncheck the boxes with allow on it.

:)

YaechanOh, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Default group permissions for ProgramData folder?

Here are the User permissions I have in my Windows 10 Home Explorer for Program Data:

CREATOR OWNER - Allow Special Permissions

SYSTEM - Allow Full control, Modify, Read & Execute, List folder contents, Read, Write

Administrators - Same as System

Users - Read & Execute, List folder contents, Read, Special Permissions

There are also default Windows 10 NTFS file permissions here:

https://winaero.com/reset-ntfs-permissions-wind...

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/reset-ntfs-p...

https://droidrant.com/how-do-i-reset-my-permiss...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Mar 21, 2023
  4. I can't change my app permissions back from allow to only special permissions.

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

I can't change my app permissions back from allow to only special permissions.

1. I can't change my app permissions back from allow to only special permissions. - Similar Threads - can't change app

2. i can't change the read only permission,Everytime i do it,it reverse it back to read only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't change the read only permission,Everytime i do it,it reverse it back to read only...: i've done DSIM and sfc scan.Tried to change permission but nothing is working.Also i missing some other options on all folders in my disk like customize,security etc...
  3. i can't change the read only permission,Everytime i do it,it reverse it back to read only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't change the read only permission,Everytime i do it,it reverse it back to read only...: i've done DSIM and sfc scan.Tried to change permission but nothing is working.Also i missing some other options on all folders in my disk like customize,security etc...
  4. I can't change my app permissions back from allow to only special permissions.

I can't change my app permissions back from allow to only special permissions.: Going to properties/security to edit the permissions, It won't let me uncheck the boxes with allow on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-app-permissions-back-from-allow/ae0a565f-94ef-4350-8715-b3f743bd7ef0
  5. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what are special permissions in properties?: What are special properties in permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-special-permissions-in-properties/480a42e2-c445-4ff9-9777-b2104b6a0117
  6. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what are special permissions in properties?: What are special properties in permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-special-permissions-in-properties/480a42e2-c445-4ff9-9777-b2104b6a0117
  7. Can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change permissions: I just upgraded to Windows 11. I cannot engage Core Isolation. There are seven drivers that block the engagement; when I try to rename/delete them, I'm told I need SYSTEM permission. When I try to change the SYSTEM permission, I'm not allowed to do so. How do I proceed?...
  8. Can't change permissions

Can't change permissions: I just upgraded to Windows 11. I cannot engage Core Isolation. There are seven drivers that block the engagement; when I try to rename/delete them, I'm told I need SYSTEM permission. When I try to change the SYSTEM permission, I'm not allowed to do so. How do I proceed?...
  9. Special permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Special permission: I never had problems with my computer before. But this past weekend I did have a problem, I started up my computer and when I did I got a popup. [ATTACH] Here it is. And I tried to fix it by looking it up and just looking through threads about this happing to other people...
  10. SkyDrive requesting special permissions on the OneDrive app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SkyDrive requesting special permissions on the OneDrive app: I downloaded the desktop app OneDrive on my Windows 10 PC, and frequently on startup of the OneDrive app or while I'm using it, a pop-up shown to be from Microsoft reappears. I'm not usually very attentive to apps requesting certain permissions, but this stood out to me...