Windows 10: I can’t change my brightness anymore.

Discus and support I can’t change my brightness anymore. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just a few hours ago i used to be easily able to change my brightness like normal, but now I don’t know what happend but I can’t change it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/m501f, Nov 12, 2020.

1. /u/m501f Win User

I can’t change my brightness anymore.

Just a few hours ago i used to be easily able to change my brightness like normal, but now I don’t know what happend but I can’t change it from settings or keyboard.

submitted by /u/m501f
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/m501f, Nov 12, 2020

2. I cant change my brightness anymore- Windows 10

Hello,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to adjust the brightness settings on your PC running Windows 10 OS.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you facing the above issue on a laptop or desktop?
    • Did you check if the changes can be made from the Graphics properties window?

If you are using a desktop, check if the brightness of the PC can be adjusted manually using the buttons located at the sides/bottom of the monitor. If you are using a laptop, check if you are able to adjust the brightness of the PC manually by using
    the appropriate brightness adjusting function key on the keyboard layout.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if the brightness of the PC can be adjusted using the
    Graphics properties window.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties from the context menu.
    • Choose Advanced mode and click on OK.
    • From the left side panel, select Color Enhancement and check if the
      Brightness adjusting bar is displayed on the right side panel of the window.
    • Adjust according to your requirement and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

Change screen brightness in Windows 10

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Nov 12, 2020
  4. I can’t change my brightness anymore.

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

I can’t change my brightness anymore.

1. I can’t change my brightness anymore. - Similar Threads - can’t change brightness

2. I can’t login on my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t login on my pc anymore: Since a week i suddenly can not login to my pc anymore with my password that i’ve been using for the last couple years. the problem is, my email/account is a very old email of mine that i don’t use anymore only to log in on my pc and the security verification is also done via...
  3. I can’t login on my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t login on my pc anymore: Since a week i suddenly can not login to my pc anymore with my password that i’ve been using for the last couple years. the problem is, my email/account is a very old email of mine that i don’t use anymore only to log in on my pc and the security verification is also done via...
  4. I can’t access my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t access my pc anymore: So For context my computer contracted multiple viruses and I didn’t want to pay more than $100 for a anti virus just for the few viruses. I decided that the best course of action is to just completely factory reset my PC. At first it ran smoothly but once it got to 64% on the...
  5. I can’t access my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t access my pc anymore: So For context my computer contracted multiple viruses and I didn’t want to pay more than $100 for a anti virus just for the few viruses. I decided that the best course of action is to just completely factory reset my PC. At first it ran smoothly but once it got to 64% on the...
  6. Can't change my laptop's brightness anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change my laptop's brightness anymore: brightness is always high and the brightness bar is grayed out. I did search automatically for drivers in the device manger for my display adapters but it says "the best drivers for your device is already installed". what else should I look for to solve this issue. submitted...
  7. I can’t change my laptop brightness.

I can’t change my laptop brightness.: Just a few hours ago i used to be able to change it, i don’t know what happend. I tried to change the brightness in settings and from the keys on the keyboard but it only slides up and down without actually doing anything. submitted by /u/m501f [link] [comments]...
  8. Can’t change screen brightness

Can’t change screen brightness: I woke up this morning going to my Zoom classes turn on the computer from sleep mode and I get blasted with the screen brightness turned on. I go into display settings and no matter where I move the slider, left or right, it stays the same way. Yesterday it worked just fine...
  9. Can’t change brightness

Can’t change brightness: Okay, so when I press the brightness button on my Surface 3 Laptop, the bar comes up in the top left, but it doesn’t increase the brightness, nor does it let me turn it up by more than one notch. So I’ve scaled for the past 2 hours every website I could find so I can solve...
  10. Can’t change screen brightness.

Can’t change screen brightness.: I have the latest display drivers. Windows version: 2004. OS build: 19041.450. Laptop model: Asus Vivobook x456ur. Cpu: Intel core i7 6500u. Gpu: NVIDIA GeForce 930mx I have tried: Brightness in Windows mobility center. Brightness in Notification Center. Brightness in...