Windows 10: I cant change my laptop pin

Discus and support I cant change my laptop pin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when i try to change my laptop pin the drop down says "this option is currently unavailable"how do i fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RileyC_123, Mar 2, 2023.

1. I cant change my laptop pin

when i try to change my laptop pin the drop down says "this option is currently unavailable"how do i fix this?

:)

RileyC_123, Mar 2, 2023

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 2, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 2, 2023
  4. I cant change my laptop pin

Unable to go into safe mode to change pin

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the error that you are getting after entering the PIN?
    2. Is there any other administrator user account on the laptop?
    3. Are you entering the correct PIN?

If you have signed in with your Microsoft Account, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    How to recover your PIN and password from the lock screen and check if this helps.

If you are not able to recover your PIN or password, then the only way to login to your laptop is to do a
    Custom Installation of Windows, in which you will lose all your applications; however, your user data like pictures, videos, documents, etc., will be saved in Windows.old
    folder.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

I cant change my laptop pin

1. I cant change my laptop pin - Similar Threads - cant change laptop

2. it all started with the pin for my new laptop not working, but i cant change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it all started with the pin for my new laptop not working, but i cant change it: I bought a new laptop, set it up and go to login, the pin doesnt work. so i tried to login with my email, which worked til it needed to send a verifiation code to the other email address listed in my account. its a work email based out of florida. well i tried multiple times...
  3. it all started with the pin for my new laptop not working, but i cant change it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it all started with the pin for my new laptop not working, but i cant change it: I bought a new laptop, set it up and go to login, the pin doesnt work. so i tried to login with my email, which worked til it needed to send a verifiation code to the other email address listed in my account. its a work email based out of florida. well i tried multiple times...
  4. I cant change my laptop pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant change my laptop pin: when i try to change my laptop pin the drop down says "this option is currently unavailable"how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-laptop-pin/69391ff6-62a3-41e0-ad00-88c00b3246c4
  5. I cant change my laptop pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant change my laptop pin: when i try to change my laptop pin the drop down says "this option is currently unavailable"how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-laptop-pin/69391ff6-62a3-41e0-ad00-88c00b3246c4
  6. Why cant I change my Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I change my Hello Pin: I've managed to find where to change the pin and have a code sent to my email but once I go to type it in, the pop-up to type it in disappears completely without explanation - not even an error code. I've never been asked to use my Hello PIN until now and really need it but...
  7. cant change PIN

cant change PIN: I'm on an HP pavilion laptop with windows 10. I can't change the PIN. Change and Forgot PIN are unavailable. do i have to update to windows 11? how can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-pin/95c8bcd2-7d13-4bb3-818a-5080a23951d5
  8. I cant change my sign in PIN

I cant change my sign in PIN: I use a PIN to sign into my computer. Im trying to change it, but in the setting tab anything involving Windows Hello is "currently unavailable" I dont want to set up facial recognition. I just want to change my PIN....
  9. cant change PIN on my user account on shared laptop

cant change PIN on my user account on shared laptop: Hi Im having trouble changing the PIN on my user account so that my daughter cant access it. Shes logged into her account using her school Microsoft teams account which seems to limit my ability to change the pin on my account for some reason as it thinks im logged in...
  10. I cant change either remove my pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant change either remove my pin: Today suddenly I got a message you cant access ur pin. So i tried to reset it but it asking verify whether its you and asking for pin. I tried all the pins i kept in past but still it shows "we werent able to set your pin, try later or skip this step". Help me please tried...