Windows 10: I can't change my microphone gain.

Discus and support I can't change my microphone gain. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been running into issues with my new Jounivo microphone, and I found a solution in my manual, which told me to change the gain to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ice794, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Ice794 Win User

I can't change my microphone gain.

Hello, I've been running into issues with my new Jounivo microphone, and I found a solution in my manual, which told me to change the gain to a specific amount, although when I try to change the gain of my microphone I can't find the volume booster slider, and even after researching, I found myself in a dead-end. If anyone could help that would be highly appreciated.

:)

Ice794, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microphone won't work

Hello Chase,

Based on what you've mentioned, it looks like we need additional information for us to determine the most appropriate advice. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you manually turn up mic gain by following the steps below:

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select Sound (Control Panel) from the list.
    • Select the Recording tab.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab. Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

Dyan Rey, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Microphone not working, strange feedback?

Hello Shell,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 25, 2021
  4. I can't change my microphone gain.

microphone

Hi,

Please share a few details:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?

2. Did you install the audio driver from the manufacturer website?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it works:

Step 1: Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

1. Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

2. Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.

Step 2: Check your microphone’s drivers

1. Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
    Update Driver Software.

4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.

Step 3: Manually turn up the mic gain

1. Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select Sound (Control Panel) from the list.

2. Select the Recording tab.

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
    Properties.

4. Select the Levels tab.

5. Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Reference: Cortana can't hear me

Hope this helps.

Jenith_James, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

I can't change my microphone gain.

1. I can't change my microphone gain. - Similar Threads - can't change microphone

2. Why can't i change microphone default format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i change microphone default format: When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different...
  3. Why can't i change microphone default format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't i change microphone default format: When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different...
  4. Feature to prevent auto microphone gain adjustment.

Feature to prevent auto microphone gain adjustment.: I want Windows to prevent other applications from effing with my microphone's gain.Full stop. That's it. I want Windows to do this. There are a bazillion applications that use the mic and they are all effing with it.Don't come here and talk about using Skype to disable it. I...
  5. Can't change the sound format of my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change the sound format of my microphone: I have a new blue yeti and my mobo is a x570 tuf gaming idk if that relevant. I cant change my mic format higher than 16 bit and I'd like to know how to raise this so I can use my mic to its full capacity....
  6. Microphone auto gain control

Microphone auto gain control: When I talk loudly windows changes my gain down and when I talk quietly windows changes my gain up and I want to disable it but nothing works, I tried to update my mic driver or going to the Mic properties > Advanced, and then uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive...
  7. Microphone gain keep adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone gain keep adjusting itself: Hey! So, it looks like i can't fix my microphone gain fixing itself on windows 10. I disabled apps to have control of every input i have but everytime i set it to, let's say, 69 it goes back to 100 or so in a bunch of seconds. The only apps i'm running in the background are...
  8. Why can't I change sensitivity on my microphone?

Why can't I change sensitivity on my microphone?: I bought a new USB headset for my computer HyperX cloud 2 and the earphones work great, but I was told my microphone was very quiet and the computer itself can barley pick up me talking when testing it through the control panel. I tried to adjust the the sensitivity of the...
  9. Microphone Auto Gain Control Problems

Microphone Auto Gain Control Problems: Hey Folks, I was wondering if anyone else but me is having problems with their Microphone AGC setting. Every single AGC Setting for my microphone is turned off but yet on every startup my Windows decides to regulate my Input Level. Only after disabling and reenabling the...
  10. Steam Games auto adjusting microphone gain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam Games auto adjusting microphone gain: I use a Rode USB mic and in some games windows will automatically adjust the gain to 100% when launching, i have looked everywhere for an answer on how to stop this but nothing ever works. i never had this happen on Win 7 so i’m assuming its a win 10 issue Is there a way i...